401k choices

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
I was just looking at my 401k portfolio and wondering what funds I should redistribute my balance to. Should I move it to the Diverified Equity-Sucking Black Hole Fund or the Small Cap Bottomless Pit Fund or the Emerging Yet Losing Value European Market Fund?<br /><br />Geeze, this whole retirement benefit thing is too much for me.

dolluper

Captain
Re: 401k choices

Stocks are hot and cold some here in Canada some are super hot you can make a fortune or lose it all so shoot the dice Mosaid put me back in the black real good when they won their case with Samsug ,Nortel has been rated higher but Jan 10 will tell the story ,so all I can say is research research then throw the dice

sangerwaker

Commander

I have always been under the advisement to stay with the more agressive funds if you are younger. The closer you get to retirement, the less risk you should be taking.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Stock were killing me, right now I am dumping my largest % into a fixed account. Never drops, but the gains are smaller. sangerwakers post is quite accurate. Duh, gave away my age. :eek:

Marc J.

Petty Officer 1st Class

With all the manufacturing jobs leaving the country, the international markets/funds should be a good bet.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

If I were younger, I'd be CRAMMING my 401K, to the point of serious sacrifce for my entire remaining career. Why? Ya live and learn.<br />I'm 52 now. I had a non-contributory pension plan provided by my employer. There was a seperate "deffered program" that I chose to avoid due to other monetary needs.<br />"Besides," I thought, "I have Social security too".<br />Shortly before retirement, I realized my medical premium would devour HALF of my pension!<br />It left me no alternative, but to find another gig. This, at a time when I had planned to be getting bored to death with fishing every day!<br /><br />Stash it while you got it. Don't have it to stash? Sell stuff, and stash the procedes. EE-bonds,if nothing else, but stash it.<br /><br />PS:EE-bonds double in value every 7 years...not bad, for a risk-free investment.