4.3 volvo with a holley

Hey, I was wondering if anyone out there has a 4.3 Volvo with a Holley four barrel I just put one on and had to put a 3 inch riser because it would hit the thermostat housing. Does anybody have any recommendations on how to remove the risers and still run a Holley carb.

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
It depends on which Holley carb you have, the front bowl can have 2 different fuel inlets, the one that works with the 4.3 is the bowl with the side fuel inlet, not the inlet that is on the front of the bowl....
front inlet:

side inlet:

Holley actually sells a 4160 4bbl that was jetted and set up for the 4.3 V6s:

It's amazing how expensive these have gotten, I paid about $300 less than the price listed here, 5 years ago.
Not sure if you can change the front bowl to a side inlet style, you might call Holley tech support & ask them.
The last one I posted for sure fits the 4.3 V6 just fine, you do have to use an adapter due to using a square bore 4bbl on a spread bore manifold but it fits.
Personally I think the original Quadrajet is a superior carb. I tried the Holley, it just wouldn't run right and went back to the Q-jet.

Thank you everyone for the reply mine does have the front fuel outlet. I will see if I can pick up just the bowl with the side outlet.