360 light flashes when motor is running

LaneyAnne

Cadet
360 Light Flashes when motor runs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone, back again with another problem. I recently removed the bridge from my 27 Sportcraft to turn it into a traditional hardtop, and to fit it in my boathouse/hoist. Every thing came out better than expected except for two guages reading incorrectly and a 360 light that flashes to the motors timing (or so it seems). Works perfect when the motor is off but as soon as I start it the light flashes dimly, and the anchor light goes almost completely out. All I did here was cut a white, a black, and a gray wire and reconnected in a different place. The fact that I took an additional nav light switch on the bridge out of the loop could be the issue.

Any advice??

Thanks in advance!

Laney Anne

Splat

Lieutenant
Re: 360 light flashes when motor is running

More than likely a ground issue. Start by cleaning the contacts where the negative wire grounds.

Bill

LaneyAnne

Cadet

Thanks Bill, I will do so. I think I just might have to disconnect and rewire all three wires. Maybe I did a poor job splicing?

I appreciate the response!

Laney Anne

Zeeter

Petty Officer 2nd Class

You have a ground problem Ground things to the battery not the engines.

LaneyAnne

Cadet

Thanks for the responses Zeeter and Bill, problem has been rectified! I regrounded the wire and removed the old one which was grounded to the bottom of the boat, wet, and corroded a bit.

Everything works just fine now.

Thanks!

Laney Anne