35 HP Chrysler slipping

The Marine Doctor

Commander
Re: 35 HP Chrysler slipping

I am pretty sure that the 350HA does not use the 485 prefix gearset.<br /><br />Canuck you will probebly have to look for used gears...I believe yours to be OBS.<br /><br />Try these places. Jackpine Marine..306 764 3646<br /><br />or D & G Marine ....306 775 1255<br /><br />They are marine salvage yards here in SK.<br /><br />I will look at work to see if we have one....we have some older stock aswell. So we might have that gear.<br /><br />TMD

Jeff Peacock

Seaman

I thought about reversing the gears- the only problem is, I'm not sure what the clutch dog is. I'm assuming this is the rod that enters the gear case with a movable tip on it- is this correct? How do I go about reversing it? Seems pretty simple, but that's what I thought about this whole thing in the first place! Actually, I'm having fun learning about all this stuff- thanks for your help!

The Marine Doctor

Commander

Sorry...messed up here...your engine is a 1970.<br /><br />The Forward gear is still avail for your engine. it lists at 249.20.<br /><br />Part #817824a 2<br /><br />Turning the clutch dog around will just ruin the opposite side as it wears against the worn portion of the forward gear. You WILL eventually have problems with it.<br /><br />Call us here...we will order you a new one.<br /><br />306 933 4407<br /><br />TMD

scotiany

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I thought you said you had a second LU in a previous post. Is it in any better shape? Or could you switch some parts to make one good LU.

FSHKPR

Ensign

okay sounds like i have the same problem going on with my 1989 50hp force. can i assume that force and chrysler are close enough to use all the above posted info?

vissertrades

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I've got a lower unit for sale off my '84 35 HP model #357H4P. It's got all new seals and a new impeller & wear plate. It was pressure and lake tested. Also, I'm parting out my engine and have many parts including new control cables for sale.<br /><br />email: pietv@sbcglobal.net

johndoe

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have a 1966 35 HP Chrysler... Had the lower unit off several times... the shift likage is the problem... I made contact with a guy on this forum that has a warehouse full of old Chrysler parts... He sold me a LU seal kit and a new impeller kit and a reed valve plate... He is from Canada, but his email address does not work any more... I only know him as Carman... His email used to be mr.tincab@shaw.ca or sumthin like that... If anyone knows this person, I need some more parts for mine... The tilt holding rod/screw broke... <br />I suggest a manual... It really helped me... the Chrysler 35HP is a bullet proof motor... I love it... Mine starts every time and I can tear it down and put it back together in a weekend...<br />I have just begun to have a tiny little bit of slippage in forward gear, but only occasinally... this off-season I will be rebuilding the lower unit.