3 Mistakes Men Make at Work

LadyFish

Admiral
Men, in turns out, don't listen well. (ROTFLMAO). Listening is the most important skill a man can bring to a business interaction with a woman, according to a recent survey conducted by Package You, a Scottsdale-based company specializing in professional presence, visual impact, business etiquette and international protocol. <br /><br />When asked what most interfered with effective business interaction with men, 225 professional women said not listening/inattentiveness was rated No. 1, followed by a lack of eye contact (yeah well I know where there eyes were) and an unkempt, sloppy appearance. The biggest problem for men when they work with women is they often underestimate the importance of listening, along with other nonverbal actions. "They are simply unaware of how certain actions undermine their success. Women interpret poor listening skills as a lack of respect," said Robin Craig, founder of Package You. "In addition, men don't realize that a dainty 'finger squeeze' handshake (ewwwwwwwwwww), a slouching posture, scuffed and unpolished shoes (its all about the shoes) or a lack of eye contact (ummm hmmm) create barriers to their interactions with women."<br /> <br /> web page

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: 3 Mistakes Men Make at Work

Three mistakes that women make at work.<br /><br />#1-The say too much and don't come to the point quickly.<br /><br />#2- They think that men should care what they are droning on about.<br /><br />#3- They get upset at what men say in reply or equally upset when men do not reply.<br /><br />Now guys, how long do you think I have to live? :D

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

OK LadyFish,<br />Did some one just re-title a "3 Mistakes Men Make in a Relationship" article.....cause it all reads the same to me. :)

alden135

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br />"In addition, men don't realize that a dainty 'finger squeeze' handshake (ewwwwwwwwwww) create barriers to their interactions with women."<br /> <br /> web page
First, I Love Women.<br />Second,<br />I'm 6'4" and 275lbs. Thats the only kind of handshake a "Lady" will get from me. Some women seem to forget that the message we men are often sent in todays society by many women is " Treat me like a man, but don't treat me like a man"<br /><br />If you give a dainty handshake you look like a mushball. If you give a firm manly handshake your accused of trying to intimidate. It's lose/lose sometimes.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Originally posted by Boomyal:<br /> Three mistakes that women make at work.<br /><br />#1-The say too much and don't come to the point quickly.<br /><br />#2- They think that men should care what they are droning on about.<br /><br />#3- They get upset at what men say in reply or equally upset when men do not reply.<br /><br />Now guys, how long do you think I have to live? :D
Probably a day or two, unless you're a cat thats about the size of SBN's cat with nine lives and fish is somethng that you enjoy for lunch :D

Cranky18

Petty Officer 2nd Class

If women would say something worth listening to, maybe we would listen ;)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

The mistake women make in relationships, business or personal, is that they expect men to act and think like women and consider it weakness if they don't. <br /><br />Men, of course, expect women to think and act like men. Also a mistake.

When men do it it is called Chauvinism. When women do it it called biology. When programmers do it its call good business. ;)

Originally posted by Boomyal:<br /> Three mistakes that women make at work.<br /><br />#1-The say too much and don't come to the point quickly.<br /><br />#2- They think that men should care what they are droning on about.<br /><br />#3- They get upset at what men say in reply or equally upset when men do not reply.<br /><br />Now guys, how long do you think I have to live? :D
Still need to do a little more editing. ;) "wether" you know it or not. :wink:

rosco_59

Petty Officer 1st Class

We will never get things right gents, women think different then we do, my boss say's one thing and I get the job done my way and she it totally happy. She will ask how I did it and I just say with her help.

willamettejeff

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br /> "In addition, men don't realize that a dainty 'finger squeeze' handshake (ewwwwwwwwwww), a slouching posture, scuffed and unpolished shoes (its all about the shoes) or a lack of eye contact (ummm hmmm) create barriers to their interactions with women."<br />
What I find so often when I go to shake a women's hand is that they do not present there hand like a man does and back there hand away at the last moment making it impossible to give a proper handshake. All you get is the fingers. So if a firm handshake is what a women wants then they need to make sure they are doing their part. ;) <br />BTW, when a women does this to me I lose respect for them as they leave me questioning what went wrong.

LadyFish

Admiral

I thought this would get a rise outta ya. ;) :p <br /><br />I hate wimpy handshakes. I immediately get a bad impression of that person (man or woman) if they don't give a firm handshake. With my past jobs, I did a lot of grippin and grinnin, I made sure I gave a firm, yet feminine handshake.<br /><br />Most women don't want to be like a man at all. In fact quite the opposite. Mutual respect is all we really want. <br /><br />The differences between the sexes are many, some good some bad. We just need to learn to live with and appreciate them.<br /><br />I certainly don't want to be like a man, I enjoy being a woman too much, even WITH all our flaws. LOL<br /><br />So keep opening doors, giving us your jackets when its cold, pulling our chairs out, walking on the outside of the street, naming your boats after us, and making us feel like the true goddesses we are. :p

willamettejeff

Chief Petty Officer

Fine for you LF, but what about the other half the female population who are deeply offended if we do these things. Would you all just get together and come to some concensis amoung yourselves about how you would like to be treated and then let us men know. This last part would be especially appreciated for once.

alden135

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by willamettejeff:<br /> Would you all just get together and come to some concensis amoung yourselves about how you would like to be treated and then let us men know.
ROFLMAO :D :D :D :D

LadyFish

Admiral

Personally, I think everybody has just gotten a little bit too sensitive about everything these days. Any woman who dosen't appreciate being a woman is insecure about her womanhood, plain and simple.<br /><br />I can't name one woman I know that is offended by men being men. In fact, we laugh about it. Don't take that personally, they do the same to us. I think as you mature you actually find humor in the differences and appreciate eachother more.

LadyFish

Admiral

Originally posted by willamettejeff:<br /> Would you all just get together and come to some concensis amoung yourselves about how you would like to be treated and then let us men know. This last part would be especially appreciated for once.
ROTFLMAO at this 'cause y'all know the minute we let you know how we'd like to be treated, we'll change our minds. ROTFL :D

willamettejeff

Chief Petty Officer

You know things were much easier when men were in charge and dictated how women should be treated. Fathers then could easily pass this on to their sons. This is impossible now, as fathers today, as was mine, are just as confused as we are. Oh for a return to the old days. But, I guess I can understand why being dragged along by ones hair was not much appreciated by women. :D

NYMINUTE

Captain

This is the result of not enforcing the Ralph Cramden Method. Barefoot, Pregenant, and in the Kitchen (well forget the pregenant part! :D

Tyme2fish

Commander

Why don't women pass gas as often as men? They can't keep their mouth shut long enough to build up pressure. :p

LadyFish

Admiral

Looks like I'm gonna have writers cramp by the time I finish updating my list today.
12.gif