3.0 lx 95 smoke coming out carb

bobby bushay

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 14, 2011
Messages
26
3.0 l/lx . I have drained out old gas,installed fuel water seperater,fuel filter, filter before carb, changed oil and oil filter. I'm on lake now on first test drive. I can idle forever engine runs great. Put her in gear and cruise at 3000rmp for a minute and smoke starts bellowing out carb. It's clear smoke and smells burnt, and Lots of it. This is a new problem. It did not happen before I did all the stuff I mentioned earlier. I put Startron stuff in new tank of gas. I'm stumped. Thanks. Update question... Should gas continue to drip down from carb jets after motor is off? Last for 3-5 min small drips. Also with engine off I quicky go wide open and watch carb jets, only one stream comes out.. Should there be two?
 
Top