2ND. Annual iboats members get together

bubbakat

Captain
Re: 2ND. Annual iboats members get together

It has all been canceled for watts ebb. :(

papasage

Senior Chief Petty Officer

ebb i will be there even if it is counceled . i made plans and will be there on friday as planned if nothing happens . not taking a boat . if i was just going there i probabley would . plans is to go to kentucky to see my daughter and come back thrugh there .hoping that some iboaters will be there . <br /> papasage

gonfishn

Commander

Sorry things did not work out this year guys..I did alot of traveling and fishing this year..Tried to fit in two back to back trips and and found that i could not do both..<br /><br />Mellowyellow and I had one planned but a hospital stay put a damper on everything....Can only do one..Sorry guys..<br /><br />It was good year for me..I got to Meet MellowYellow,BubbaKat,Brain FD and his wife,Eurolarva,Muskyone and three of his friends plus Neaumans..On my part Ohio and Minnesota is going to be a yearly thing....Hopefully some year you folks out west will have one..

phatmanmike

Captain

hey guys, this sounds like it would be a blast. meeting, eating, beer and fish. gotta love it ( no beer on boat , of course)<br /><br />drunk captains suck<br /><br />its a bit far for me though. im currently trying to get together a mini central florida get together camping on the islands, this way it saves all that hotel money for bait and beer!! :) <br /><br />i havent even been on iboats a year and its already been a blast. you guys are great ! thanks to all !

ebbtide176

Commander

well p-mike, i hope you do get to meet some others down in tampa. :D <br /><br />papasage, i guess i'll see you at alhonna, if you'll be there sat. i'm not pulling my boat, but if pop gets the motor alarm prob worked out i should be able to pull his while he's at work sat. he just had the alarm sounding the other day, so he's checking into that. 1st prob he's ever had with that '85model. i'll post again closer to the date to get some details on where to find ya.

ebbtide176

Commander

oops i keep posting alhonna, but i meant arrowhead. i have the map to it, but since i had planned on making to alhonna last yr, it is stuck in my head

papasage

Senior Chief Petty Officer

we still going . i have heard from 2 others and they are going to be there saturday . <br /> we dont need a bunch of prizes or a big cookout . we can all go to a restaurant. no work for anyone . give us more time to visit . e mail me if any one else will be there . <br /> papasage10@yahoo.com

ebbtide176

Commander

i was out camping/fishing for the last 5days, or i would've replied here sooner. i plan on coming up there sat. there is a restaurant at the place, according to the website. :)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yea ebb, a nice one with home cooking. :cool:

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

The airlines will not refund my money so I will be there. I guess it will be the three of us. Ebb can you email me at ralgoetz@comcast.net. I would like to get your cell phone number and I can give you mine. I dont know if we will be able to get a signal out there. I plan on renting a small boat out there so maybe we can fish there when you and papa are there.

ebbtide176

Commander

i was gone this past weekend also, but finally ckd in - you have mail :D

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

Mail right back at you ebb

trollhole

Chief Petty Officer

I wish I could come but My best friend is getting married this weekend. So it screwed everything up. Sorry Guys and gals.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

You guys be on the lookout for some bad weather.<br />Looks like it might get a little bumpy down there in Tn. from Ivan.<br />Be safe.

ebbtide176

Commander

well, arrowhead resort got some nasty weather. i finally got in touch with them, and their power is out. the nearby town, Spring City, is flooded 3' in places... they said the lake was alittle out of the banks. <br /><br />
In eastern Tennessee, rushing water from Piney Creek cascaded through Spring City, breaking out storefront windows, carrying away merchandise and leaving behind a muck of mud and debris.<br /><br />Mayor Mary Sue Garrison said a Coke machine also went floating down the street. "It was just really, really terrible," said Garrison, wearing a yellow rain slicker as she walked through the town.<br /><br />Business owners were spending the morning shoveling the soggy mess out of their establishments.<br /><br />Dillard says the remnants of Hurricane Ivan did a lot of damage in Jackson County. <br /> <br />"It's a complete disaster area," Officer B.J. Neal said. "We've had homes completely destroyed. We've had homes washed in the lakes."<br /><br />Garrison said gauges in the town, home to about 2,000 people, showed 8 1/2 inches of rainfall since Thursday. No serious injuries were reported.<br />

gonfishn

Commander

EuroLarva called me to say that he is at Lake Kentucky in Tenn..Message I got was that he is fishing at LK about 120 miles from Watts..<br /><br />Poor guy flys 1000 plus miles for rain..Air lines would not let him cancel..He is going to call me later on my toll free cause he cannot get out on his cell phone..I was able to cancel my room..<br /><br />Now its North to NY on Monday for some gator huntn..

CoachHolland

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sorry guys, the weather kept me home this weekend. Actually had the boat ready to go, but woke up this morning and there was flooding all over. :( <br /><br />I need to check the weather a bit more often because the sucker is soaked from where I had it uncovered.

JasonB

Lieutenant

Wish I coulda made it. I could be there in about 3 hours, but we are in the process of selling our house to buy a larger one and it has consumed much of my time. It doesn't help my stress level that my favorite boat is 2 hours away (the other direction from the get-together since the re agent wanted us to clear the yard as much as possible....