2ND. Annual iboats members get together

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
As many of you know, I planned and had an iboats members <br />get together this past September at the Lake Of The Ozarks in Mo.<br />I had 3 members and family show up for a total of seven people.<br />There were some who said that they would show up and for one<br />reason or another was not able to, and I understand this.<br /><br />Now, I am planning another one for 2004, and it will be held at<br />Watts Bar Lake which is just south of Knoxville, Tenn. off of<br />I-75.<br /><br />It will be at Arrowhead Resort which is located in Spring City, Tn.<br />Fine people there. They can be found at www.arrowheadresort.com<br /><br />I went to Watts Bar last week and checked out some other places<br />there, and found this one to be the better choice by far.<br /><br />They have nice rooms at the lake front, cabins, and also have a<br />campground.<br /><br />They also offer covered boat slips with electricity.<br />They have boat rentals, and pontoon rentals.<br /><br />Watts Bar is well know for large quantities of crappie, bass, and striper.<br />Catfish are also abundant there.<br /><br />Now, I am planning on a 4 day event this coming year to be held<br />from the 16th. through the 19th. of September which is Thursday<br />through Sunday.<br /><br />I have an iboats member that has volunteered already to provide<br />a cooker and the meat for our dinner which will be on Saturday<br />night.<br /><br />Now the option to bring your boat is up to you.<br />It is not necessary.<br /><br />I will be looking for sponsors to help out on some door prizes<br />and shirts.<br />More info on that as becomes available.<br /><br />The resort closes for the season on the 25th. of this month.<br />I have talked to them about reservations and they have told me that we need to start making them in May for September.<br />I made mine already cause I plan on being there.<br />That's about all for now.<br /><br />I will be adding more info as I get it, so start making your plans<br />for the "2nd. annual iboats members get together 2004"

SpinnerBait_Nut

Re: 2ND. Annual iboats members get together

I removed the map cause of size, sorry.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

nice lookin fish structure there SBN ;) <br />what's the closest airport to this place?

SpinnerBait_Nut

Don't really know MY, but will check and see.

SpinnerBait_Nut

MY, looks like the closest one is Knoxville.<br />Let's get a little closer. You never know when something will come up where you might be able to hitch a ride with someone.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

or keep an eye out for a cheap flight too...<br />kinda scared to ride w/JW... even though I truly<br />believe it was self defense 100%.<br /><br />PS. bubba's ribs sound worth the trip alone... :)

JGREGORY

Lieutenant

Yeah!! wish I could make it but The Commodore starts school next year.<br /> :( :( :( :( :(

bubbakat

Captain

count me in spinner and who is this bubba fella :D :D :D :D :D <br />the meat will be there

gonfishn

Commander

Well at least you know there will be at least three of us Spinner...You kinda know what door prize I am donating..As for you MellowYellow..well I ain't even going there....

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Thanks for all the info SBN. I plan on going with herself as my sidekick. Most likely take the boat to. We been to Nashville afore so I don't think we should have to much trouble findin' the place. Lookin' ferword to it. :D

sloopy

Commander

It has to be in the summer if you want me to come :) :) :)

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Too bad it isn't loaded with musky or northern. :rolleyes: :) <br /><br />It sounds like it is primarily a bass lake. Am I correct?

SpinnerBait_Nut

roscoe, it has striper, white bass, large mouth, small mouth, catfish, and crappie. Hard telling what else.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Just thought I would bump this post up for those thats been gone for awhile.....SS

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

The web site says there are Sauger in the lake as well. That should entise the walleye fishermen.

JasonB

Lieutenant

I live about 2 1/2hours from there. As for the airport question above, Knoxville has an airport (Tyson Field), but if you need to fly commercially, Nashville International may be a better choice. Looks like those that drive from the west have a little shortcut off I-40. If someone is coming up I-65, I-840 is now open to bypass Nashville.<br /><br />I understand there is some good Bass and Catfish fishing at Watts Bar. <br /><br />I'll try to make plans to drive over at least for a day.