FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I am wondering what foam would be best for under the seats in the cuddy cabin in my 83 Islander? The seats def need some support but I am unsure if 2lb is strong enough to support the weight of people or if 4lb would be better? Any thoughts?
Yeah it is mainly storage but I plan on doing wknd trips sleeping in there so I want it to be solid. I removed all foam and replaced with board foam everywhere except in cabin because I want better support from the pour in foam there.
That’s good to hear that your floor is solid with 2lb because I am leaning that way.
I concur with DCampbell, after removing the floatation from three different hulls, two with the foam board and one with pour in, no way am I ever putting pour in to one of my boats again.