'22/'23 CFB

aspeck

Staff member
Nebraska wins 2 in a row! Take over 1st place in B1G West!😂

WIMUSKY

Staff member
What? They looked terrible... I changed the channel....

aspeck

Staff member
Yep, and Houston came back from 19 points down in the 4th to beat Memphis 33-32!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Looking at B1G scores, PSU and Mn didn't play.
Bama is trying to hang on against Texas A&M...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Looks like Bama hung on. Unranked A&M couldn't punch it in from the 2...
Bet Georgia moves to #1 again..

FLATHEAD

Commander
Indiana gave Michigan all they could handle in the first half, only to blow up in the second. Only game I watched.

RGrew176

Commander
Michigan's defense hopefully was awarded the game ball. They kept Michigan in the game until their offense finally got rolling in the 2nd half. GO BLUE.

aspeck

Staff member
Michigan's defense hopefully was awarded the game ball. They kept Michigan in the game until their offense finally got rolling in the 2nd half. GO BLUE.
PSU v Michigan this week could be an interesting match-up or it could be ugly for PSU. It depends on which PSU team and which Michigan team show up for the match-up. It could be a close PSU win to a Michigan blowout. I guess we will have to wait till Noon on Saturday to find out. Franklin coached PSU teams don't fair well on a big game after a bye week ... they are 3-6 after the bye.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Well, got ugly for PSU
Mi
42-17

MI State/WI
State 34-28 2OTs

Bama/Tn
TN
52-49
Not gonna be Bamas year

RGrew176

Commander
PSU v Michigan this week could be an interesting match-up or it could be ugly for PSU. It depends on which PSU team and which Michigan team show up for the match-up. It could be a close PSU win to a Michigan blowout. I guess we will have to wait till Noon on Saturday to find out. Franklin coached PSU teams don't fair well on a big game after a bye week ... they are 3-6 after the bye.
It ended up being ugly for Penn State. Michigan played a cream puff early schedule. Maybe that was good as it got JJ McCarthy into the program as their #1 Q/B.

We are going into our Bye week with Michigan State next up on our schedule. I do believe now that Michigan is for real. I believe that Harbaugh has brought the program back from the depths it had sunk to.

We can't make the mistake of looking ahead but it could very well come down to a battle of the unbeaten's in Columbus November 26th. If so that will be some football game.

GO BLUE.

FLATHEAD

Commander
PSU. ooof horrible showing.
At least the Phillies helped ease the pain😃

aspeck

Staff member
It ended up being ugly for Penn State. Michigan played a cream puff early schedule. Maybe that was good as it got JJ McCarthy into the program as their #1 Q/B.

We are going into our Bye week with Michigan State next up on our schedule. I do believe now that Michigan is for real. I believe that Harbaugh has brought the program back from the depths it had sunk to.

We can't make the mistake of looking ahead but it could very well come down to a battle of the unbeaten's in Columbus November 26th. If so that will be some football game.

GO BLUE.
Yep, interesting or ugly, and it was ugly. Real ugly.

I have tried hard to not be one of those overly critical fans who hate Franklin, but he is making it hard to support him. 3-7 after a bye week, 3-19 or something like that against top 10 teams ... he is a great recruiter, but a horrible teacher/coach ... he seems to have difficulty managing players, the game, time ... he is aggressive when he should be conservative and vice-versa, he is a control freak and doesn't let his coaches coach ... and he is over paid and has no need to change with the contract they gave him.

On the other hand, going into the season I, and many other fans, figured we would be 7-5 or at best 8-4. We have a real chance to be 10-2 with a bunch of talented true freshman and redshirt freshmen on this team for next year. So, maybe we should be happy?

FLATHEAD

Commander
Yep, interesting or ugly, and it was ugly. Real ugly.

I have tried hard to not be one of those overly critical fans who hate Franklin, but he is making it hard to support him. 3-7 after a bye week, 3-19 or something like that against top 10 teams ... he is a great recruiter, but a horrible teacher/coach ... he seems to have difficulty managing players, the game, time ... he is aggressive when he should be conservative and vice-versa, he is a control freak and doesn't let his coaches coach ... and he is over paid and has no need to change with the contract they gave him.

On the other hand, going into the season I, and many other fans, figured we would be 7-5 or at best 8-4. We have a real chance to be 10-2 with a bunch of talented true freshman and redshirt freshmen on this team for next year. So, maybe we should be happy?
Agree, was never a fan of Franklin from the get go. Could not believe the contract he got. Have a feeling they will wallow in mediocrity as long as he is at the helm, I hope not but it’s shaping up that way. Not taking away from Michigan but PSU showing yesterday exposed a lot of things on the coaching side of things that need fixing.

RGrew176

Commander
I am one who hopes that Penn State plays the game of a lifetime when they play Ohio State later this month.

FLATHEAD

Commander
God to see the ducks beat UCLA . It’s always a good day when a chip Kelly team gets beat, even sweeter it was the ducks.
Maybe I’m bitter due to what Kelly did to the Eagles. 😜