2021 NFL/NCAAF News and Nonsense

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Wow! $226m guaranteed... Makes Cousins look like chump change which is fine.. I'd say that's a little steep for Dak...

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Wow! $226m guaranteed... Makes Cousins look like chump change which is fine.. I'd say that's a little steep for Dak...
A little steep. Jerry will pull Dak aside about a year from now and say "for all that :censored: money, all I got was another .500 season!"

bassman284

Commander
A little steep. Jerry will pull Dak aside about a year from now and say "for all that :censored: money, all I got was another .500 season!"
Yeah, a little steep for Dak but he IS working for Jerry Jones so it's almost not enough.

GA_Boater

Gee, didn't see this coming.....
He couldn't see the goal posts either, so..................

I don't follow the politics of the NFL, but what does this mean?

Saints

They get a mention here just for rubbing the salary cap in our faces again. More than $40 million over the cap, and somehow they've got room to tag young safety Marcus Williams? He seems like a prime candidate to stick around on a long-term deal.

Is the salary cap a real cap or thing where you pay fine for busting through, but no salary reductions after paying the fine?

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Cam Newton gets a 1 year extension deal at the Pats. And....

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Good on Brady, like he needs the money. But there's plenty of players that would have squeezed out as much as he they could screwing up the team unity....

Surprised about Newton..

GA_Boater

So Mahomes also inked a new contract worth the treasury of a medium sized country and Brady got a 4 year contract extension with the TB Bucs. Or did Brady get 4 years?

While the Bucs did not reveal any details, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter that it is a four-year contract extension that voids to a one-year extension. The deal ties Brady to Tampa through the 2022 season, sources said.

The move saves the Buccaneers $19 million against the salary cap this year, sources said. The additional voidable years are there to defray the cost. It was another effort from Brady to keep as much of the team together as possible.

Lets look at Mahomes new deal;

This is interesting - "The team is expected to convert Mahomes' $21.7 million roster bonus to a signing bonus in the coming days, which would save the Chiefs $17 million against the salary cap, sources said."

Well heck, why have any salary or roster bonuses at all? Just pay 'em with signing bonuses since they don't count against the cap. I need these guys to do my taxes!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Mahomes will be around the Chiefs for another 12yrs.....

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Have you ever looked at the salaries of the other Football players? The ones that actually use their feet to play. Many more than a few with those types of contracts. Selling Mens parfume makes them even more Euros.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
So Mahomes also inked a new contract worth the treasury of a medium sized country and Brady got a 4 year contract extension with the TB Bucs. Or did Brady get 4 years?

Lets look at Mahomes new deal;

This is interesting - "The team is expected to convert Mahomes' $21.7 million roster bonus to a signing bonus in the coming days, which would save the Chiefs $17 million against the salary cap, sources said."

Well heck, why have any salary or roster bonuses at all? Just pay 'em with signing bonuses since they don't count against the cap. I need these guys to do my taxes!
For some reason I glanced at your number of posts, over 45,000. That's over a full year working monday to friday 9 to 5 if you only spent 3 minutes per.
Thank you for your time and wealth of knowledge.
Johnny D. Selkirk Ont. Canada. Southwest of Buffalo NY.

GA_Boater

Da Bears got a stimulus check;

Account balance: $1400
Chicago Bears: Andy Dalton, Please