2021 NFL/NCAAF News and Nonsense

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
When CBS came back, Big Ben was on the bench and Rudolph was in. That was a WTH moment.

GA_Boater

Since Christmas 106 NFL COVID cases.

Arizona Bowl is looking for a team to replace Boise State due to COVID;

WIMUSKY

Staff member
For quite awhile I didn't realize he was still alive. Kinda disappeared....

GA_Boater

For quite awhile I didn't realize he was still alive. Kinda disappeared....

Same thoughts here. The other day I googled to see if he was still with us after one of the football shows said his name.

aspeck

Staff member
UCLA effed this up. The players went to Sea World and some Navy thing.

Of course if this was for a major bowl, this would have all been covered up and they would have played anyway. You can't tell me there aren't a ton of cases in all teams.
I think it really depends on where home is for the team and how they handle it. The Omicron strain hasnā€™t hit central PA yet ā€¦ we are still dealing with the end of Delta. Some ā€œruralā€ schools have better ā€œnatural social distancingā€ than urban schools.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I think it really depends on where home is for the team and how they handle it. The Omicron strain hasnā€™t hit central PA yet ā€¦ we are still dealing with the end of Delta. Some ā€œruralā€ schools have better ā€œnatural social distancingā€ than urban schools.
It's pretty crazy here. That is why it was kinda dumb to be doing things out and about 3 days before the game. All these things they did are already in our backyard. San Diego is only 90 minutes form the campus. They could do these activities anytime they want!

Very true about the urban vs rural schools.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
a clown invasion?

Yeah the fans down here are fed up .. Someone started a clown emoji thing that resembled the owner Shad Kahn . They are upset he hasnā€™t fired the GM ..
So some are going to wear clown suits and big red noses to the game as a protest . Personally I think he is a good owner but he does need to find a ā€œfootball guyā€ to help with coaching decisions.. He doesnā€™t have a good tract record thatā€™s for sure . If he could get someone like a Tony Dungee to help advise him it would be a good move .
The fans are just tired of the same old crap year after year ā€¦.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
That would be hilaious.....
Just like the Lions. Rumor has it ownership has no interest in the team except for a corporate write off. I can see it, like many others....