2021 NFL/NCAAF News and Nonsense

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Yeah from what I have heard Tim’s been catching pretty much everything that gets thrown to him .
It’s gunna be interesting to see once the pads and the hitting in practice starts .. As a huge Gator Homer and TT fan I am hoping he makes it ..
Other news , well not really , Trevor had quite a few picks today at practice. First real day the defense was allowed to go after the ball hard .. Not too concerned but there’s always that thought in your head .. LOL !

I read that he was using his body too much to catch the ball, that does not work in the NFL you have to use your hands to maximize catch radius.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I read that he was using his body too much to catch the ball, that does not work in the NFL you have to use your hands to maximize catch radius.

Also increases the chance of an INT by a defender using his hands.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Also increases the chance of an INT by a defender using his hands.
I guess that is why all the top receivers in the league use their hands rather than their body to catch the ball they want to see more interceptions. There is not one NFL coach that encourages a receiver or TE to use their body to catch the ball. It is all about catch radius.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Way back in the day they taught us to catch the ball with our body, HS.... Now if I used my hands to intercept a ball it never would have hit the front of my shoulder pad and go straight up. I never found it and the receiver ended up catching it... lol

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Way back in the day they taught us to catch the ball with our body, HS.... Now if I used my hands to intercept a ball it never would have hit the front of my shoulder pad and go straight up. I never found it and the receiver ended up catching it... lol
The NFL is nothing like high school fundamentals from back in the day. If the goal was to use your body to catch the ball they would not make $100 receiver gloves. That is what you do with a receiver that can not catch the ball you make them a d-back.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The NFL is nothing like high school fundamentals from back in the day. If the goal was to use your body to catch the ball they would not make $100 receiver gloves. That is what you do with a receiver that can not catch the ball you make them a d-back.

If said receiver is 33 yo, and 6 years out of football, you point him to the nearest Social Security office or AARP website. The $920,000 contract isn't guaranteed.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I get that, I was mentioning what was done in the olden days. No comparison implied....

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
If said receiver is 33 yo, and 6 years out of football, you point him to the nearest Social Security office or AARP website. The $920,000 contract isn't guaranteed.
Have you seen the old man lately ?
I wouldn’t want to try and tackle him . LOL ! I’m pretty sure he was using his hands when he made the diving catch in the end zone the other day at practice ..
Don’t count the old guy out just yet .. He’s either hated or loved at nosium. Needs to be tested with real live action ..
Hall Of Fame game on tonight !
Steelers and the Boys right ?

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Hall Of Fame game on tonight !
Steelers and the Boys right ?
😁

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I have a feeling alot of these guys will be changing their minds about vaxing. Who exactly remains to be seen...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Getting ridiculous and the process is still in it's infantile stage. Skip your Senior year in HIGH SCHOOL to get NIL money... File this under nonsense....FB_IMG_1628638166252.jpg

FB_IMG_1628638166252.jpg