2020 NFL/NCAAF News and Nonsense

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Add me to controversyists. The game wasn't on here, but I saw the reply. The call was blown, even in slo-mo. It was close, but blind ole me could see it was outside of the pylon.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Thanks Art for the update.. I saw one quick view of the controversy. I need to see it a couple more times in slow mo..... Sounds like PSU had their chances to close it out b4 OT.

MN was hammered by MI...

aspeck

Staff member
Thanks Art for the update.. I saw one quick view of the controversy. I need to see it a couple more times in slow mo..... Sounds like PSU had their chances to close it out b4 OT.

MN was hammered by MI...
2 interceptions that lead to 10 points, 1 fumble, 10 penalties for 100 yards, over twice the time of possession, almost 2 times the number of offensive plays, more field goals missed in 1 game (25, 47, and 57 yards) than all of last season ... the debacle of scoring with 1:40 left instead of running out the clock ... truthfully PSU did not look like a top 25 team, let alone a top 10 team. The controversial last play should never have happened, so to blame the loss on the officials Is wrong. However, if you bet with Draftkings for PSU to win, your losses were credited back to your account in the form of a credit. Apparently Draftkings thought the call was bad...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Badgers are having issues.
Starting QB had foot surgery after a practice injury on Oct 6th. 2nd stringer Mertz just came down with Covid, so did the 3rd stinger. Looks like 4th stringer Boom will get the nod against Nebraska this week.... If they play.....

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Hot off the printer, Texans just shut down their team facility after a player tested positive.......

aspeck

Staff member
The Wisconsin-Nebraska game has been canceled after several positive tests in the Badgers' program, including head coach Paul Chryst and starting quarterback Graham Mertz.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Dropping like flies. How long will college games continue......

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Since Neb WI game isn't going to happen, Neb went behind the B1G and made a deal to play TN Chattanooga this weekend. Then they proposed it to the B1G. Their response, yeeeeaaaahhh, no. Conference games only. Sounds like the B1G and Neb want a divorce anyway. They just don't know how to make it happen...

aspeck

Staff member
Since Neb WI game isn't going to happen, Neb went behind the B1G and made a deal to play TN Chattanooga this weekend. Then they proposed it to the B1G. Their response, yeeeeaaaahhh, no. Conference games only. Sounds like the B1G and Neb want a divorce anyway. They just don't know how to make it happen...
Yeah, I get the feeling the Huskers are tired of being the bottom of the West and would like a change of scenery. I see them exiting the B1G as soon as they have another conference lined up.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Walker couldn't take the pressure.... 2 games allowed 94 pts. So much for the defense maturing quickly....

Last edited:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
IL QB Brandon Peters and TE Griffin Moore are out until Nov. 21. B1Gs protocol is 21 days. ACC is 10. Should be 1 procedure throughout all conferences. Heck, 10 days is less than the national requirement to quarantine....

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
It seems CDC guidelines should apply across the board and NCAA should make that the rule. NCAA hasn't shown much leadership on this thing at all. They penalize a guy for getting a free tattoo but when it comes to protecting the health of players in unprecedented times it allows conferences to do what they want.

aspeck

Staff member
Sparty pulled off the upset win ... congrats to Mrs Musky! Now hopefully PSU can pull of the highly doubtful upset! Go PSU!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
MSU pulled it off right in front of Mrs Musky's brother who is a diehard Wolverine.
If I heard right, Trevor Lawrence is out for next week against ND. Clemson may get beat up....

WIMUSKY

Staff member
What bizarre end to the 1st half of PSU/OSU. Worked out for PSU