2019 Nascar - Kansas - Race #12 - Saturday Night

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
WARNING - We have Cup racing Saturday night, not on Sunday - WARNING

We have Trucks running Friday night and Cup on Saturday night. Heads up - This is another impound race where provisional Cup qualifying is Friday night and inspections are Saturday morning, so the official starting line won't be available until after the inspection.

40 teams have signed up. Weather on Saturday may cause some delays getting the Cup race finished. From MRN, the schedule and it's a short 2 day plan;

Kansas Schedule of Events

All Times Eastern (Local Time 1-Hour Behind)
Friday, May 10
Gander Outdoors Truck Series First Practice: 9:35 a.m.-10:25 a.m. (MRN/NASCAR.com)
Gander Outdoors Truck Series Final Practice: 11:35 a.m.-12:25 p.m. (MRN/NASCAR.com)
Monster Energy Cup Series First Practice: 12:35 p.m.-1:25 p.m. (MRN/NASCAR.com)
Monster Energy Cup Series Final Practice: 2:35 p.m.-3:25 p.m. (MRN/FS1-3:00 p.m.)
Gander Outdoors Truck Series Qualifying: 5:05 p.m. (FS1)
Monster Energy Cup Series Qualifying: 7:05 p.m. (MRN/FS1)
Radio Pre-Race: 8:00 p.m. (MRN)
TV Pre-Race: 8:00 p.m. (FS1)
Gander Outdoors Truck Series Digital Ally 250: 8:30 p.m. (MRN/FS1)
Saturday, May 11
Radio Pre-Race: 6:30 p.m. (MRN)
TV Pre-Race: 7:00 p.m. (FS1)
Monster Energy Cup Series Digital Ally 400: 7:30 p.m. (MRN/FS1)

News and Notes
  • Wait 'til you see Kevin Harvick's All-Star car! It's supposed to a Millennial theme and it's pink. A wee bit of controversy too with some of the design. I'll let you decide next week.
  • It's another Nascar day ending "Y", so rule changes. Originally, the ā€œextremeā€ version of the package (with the aero ducts) was not going to include certain big tracks. Now it will include Pocono, Darlington andā€¦Homestead. I guess they are thinking the cars are still too fast. :doh:
  • The Nascar Fan Vote is open to select an otherwise ineligible driver for the All-Star race. https://www.nascar.com/fanvote
  • The Twerp laid into the current rules package;
    The package sucks. No [expletive] question about it. Itā€™s terrible. All I can do is [expletive] about it and fall on deaf ears and weā€™ll come back with the same thing it in the fall,ā€ Busch told NASCAR Home Tracks reporter Davey Segal. ā€œI thought we were off as a program, but obviously the No. 19 won the race, so thatā€™s not the case [ā€¦] itā€™d be nice to win more. Run better. Lead laps. This was a real bad weekend for us.
  • Harvick also gave his 2 cents about Nascar's qualifying mess, complaining about airing "dirty laundry"
  • The Twerp is upset cuz he didn't do better or win at Dover and Harvick didn't like drivers being blamed for the qualifying fiasco. Cry me a river, boys! BTW - The Twerp wasn't fined for actions detrimental to the sport. He could have lost a few bucks.
  • TV ratings - Beats me. Can't find a report, maybe it was horrible with rain-caused shift to Monday.

iBoats Fantasy Live
  • A tie, the 3rd tied race this season out of 11 races. Smokin'! and Jip are gonna get a rewarded, but we're running out! Congrats, 'speck - :first: Congrats, Jip - :first:
  • justkiddin 5 is sitting on top of the overall standings with a 44 point lead.
  • The pole locks Friday evening at 7:05 PM EST.

Good luck,

Humpty.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Hmmm, Two previous champions playing the "Cry me a river" song and five previous champions not complaining one little bit.

Makes ya want to say......................hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

GA_Boater

Truex also had an opinion;
ā€œIt was definitely really hard to pass,ā€ Truex said after his second victory of the season. ā€œThereā€™s no question about that. I got stuck behind lapped cars multiple times. If you were running the bottom and they were running a lane up, you were good. If they decided just to cut to the bottom in front of you and shut your air off, you about drive into the fence off the corner. Itā€™s tough.
And he added;

ā€œBut at the end of the day we had to deal with the same thing. Obviously we dealt with it better than everybody else, which coming into the weekend that was our goal. We know it is going to be tough. Starting in the back is going to suck but thatā€™s what weā€™ve got to deal with it, so how do we deal with it the best that we can? That was how we set up for the race.ā€​

So Truex said it was tough going and that they adjusted for it. Instead of complaining during the race as The Twerp did, the #19 worked through it and won. The Twerp is always blaming everyone but himself

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Some of these guys now a days don't seem to understand, driving race cars for a living is not suppose to be easy, it is a hard job and it is suppose to be a hard job and they get paid a lot of money to do it.

aspeck

Staff member
Harvick needs to be paid a lot of money to drive that UGLY car in the All-Star!

GA_Boater

Did you see the unveiling video? Happy didn't seem impressed. The "That got through legal?" comment about "AF" said a lot.

He does get paid a lot cuz he has deep pocket sponsors with poor artistic ability. Of course the talk about the ugly car always has the word Busch attached and it ain't the brothers.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

That's got to be the ugliest pink on the planet. Excuse my ignorance, what does AF mean except anti-freeze?

aspeck

Staff member
Yes, I watched the video and Mr Happy was, well, not so happy! Not sure why they had to go the route they did with the car ... it sure hurt my eyes ...

GA_Boater

1st Cup practice is over. Top 5 are Almirola, Bowyer, The Whining Twerp, Keso and Byron.

One more Cup practice, then Truck qualifying followed by Cup qualifying and finally, the Truck race.

GA_Boater

2nd practice top 5 - Busch1, Bowman, Bowyer, Harvick and Hamlin.

Qualifying is underway.

GA_Boater

I was waiting for the 2nd round of qualifying. :doh:

Harvick wins the pole and SHR takes the two front rows. Behind Harvick is Almirola, Bowyer and Suarez. Then Elliott, Truex, Byron, Larson, Keso, Bowman, Jones and Wallace finish the top 12.

During the 2nd practice Bowman and Larson scraped the wall. Haven't heard if they are in backup cars. If they need work, it won't be until after inspection when the impound is dropped.

iFL race picks lock at 7:35 tomorrow evening.

Truck race starts in about 30 minutes.

GA_Boater

The truck race was a good one. Plenty of action! Freisen won the 1st two heats and in the final heat there was a lot of back and forth action between him, Chastain and Enfinger. Enfinger was spun when Moffit got loose dropping him back. During the final caution, Freisen took two tires and a little gas. 3 laps from the end he ran out and Chastain went on to a half second win over Rhodes.

Best thing - No Cup drivers, Truck racing at it's best.

Tomorrow the inspection starts at 2:30 and the race at 7:30 with the roster lock a 7:35.

Light rain has started, but it should clear by 11 AM. Hoping!.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Apparently too little gas. I wonder who will pay for that one, gas man? He had a decent lead until he ran out...

GA_Boater

Freizen only took two tires on the last stop to keep position and the gasman didn't have time to fill the tank. Crew chief should hang his head cuz 3 laps short was only another glug or two.

Freizen said this after the race;

Nobody said racing was fair. And thatā€™s why I love it!

The Whining Twerp should read that.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Even with 2 tires u hold him an extra second or 2 foe enough fuel. In this game, 3 laps is a lot. Somebody forgot to carry a 1....lol