2019 230CR Overheat/Limited

Rasten

Recruit
Long story short, I’m a dumbass. I left my freshwater flush cap off when I took the boat out. Alarm sounded after the temp got high and immediately knew what I did. I put the cap back on, started it up and the engine cooled back down immediately so the impeller seems like it didn’t explode itself which is great.

My issue now is that the boat won’t go above 7mph/3600 RPM while in drive. No limit in neutral. It almost seems like the boat put itself into a safe mode to help the overheat issue. Anyone had this before? Is it as simple as disconnecting the batteries to reset the safe mode?

Another side issue, engine shakes while in idle but goes away when throttle is given. Thoughts?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Long story short, I’m a dumbass. I left my freshwater flush cap off when I took the boat out. Alarm sounded after the temp got high and immediately knew what I did. I put the cap back on, started it up and the engine cooled back down immediately so the impeller seems like it didn’t explode itself which is great.

My issue now is that the boat won’t go above 7mph/3600 RPM while in drive. No limit in neutral. It almost seems like the boat put itself into a safe mode to help the overheat issue. Anyone had this before? Is it as simple as disconnecting the batteries to reset the safe mode?

Another side issue, engine shakes while in idle but goes away when throttle is given. Thoughts?

Your Stingray isn't overheating! It's your motor losing it's cool. What motor so this can be moved to the proper section for the motor issues?