2007 Yamaha 150 2 stroke

flavtfan

Petty Officer 3rd Class
What type of grease should be used to grease all the lube points on my engine. most all the grease looks like an off white but the long shaft down the center where the motor basically turns on...that grease is grey and seems heavier than normal grease. is this a special kind of grease i need to put in that area or can i use the same grease on the entire engine as far as through the grease fittings. thanks for the help. i just spent an arm and a leg for a 100 hour inspection and i get it back and i have reservations that they even put a grease gun to my engine....hell some of the fittings still have paint in the opening. also, they changed my diode on the lower unit and i'm pretty sure the old one was cocked to the left a little....this one is perfectly straight in the center. i thought they cocked it one way or the other to counter the prop?

Big Keepers

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 2007 Yamaha 150 2 stroke

Any quality marine grease in a tube that can be loaded in a grease gun is fine for greasing fittings. That diode above the prop on the lower unit is a sacrificial anode. It is made out of zinc. There are a number of those zinc anodes in various places on your engine and lower unit. Their purpose is to corrode away due to the effects of electrolosis and galvanic corrosion. You don't know where it belongs until you put the boat in the water and run it. If the boat pulls to the right, then turn the anode slightly to the left. Chances are it is set where it belongs though especially if you have hydraulic steering.

flavtfan

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 2007 Yamaha 150 2 stroke

thanks for the lube answer. yeah i knew it was a sacrificial anode and i guess there is a couple inside the motor. i believe those are the ones when i looked at my manual that required it be taken into a service rep. i'm not even sure if they changed them or not.