2007 4 str. 60hp merc alarm

KOBELKA2277

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
May 23, 2008
Messages
17
hello the above motor starts and runs great. when you first turn key to start it does then alarms 6 loud beeps. then its quiet. ideas? great site and thanks in advance tim
 

hamit59

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Joined
Jul 25, 2008
Messages
149
Re: 2007 4 str. 60hp merc alarm

6 beep means the ecm has found a sensor or sensor circuits. this would but like your check engine light on a car. With it beings a 07 motor it should still be under warranty and should go back to the dealer as soon has possible. To find out what's going bad. I have had a few come in with the same thing and it was a bad map sensor or it could bad a bad tpi these are the common problems, I have seen


I hope it helps post back what you find.
 
Top