2006 F115 4 stroke: Clearing the maintanace display

h2oboy83

Seaman Apprentice
Im working on twin 06 F115's for a friend. I changed the oil filter, oil, foot oil, and fuel filters. It has 106 hours on it and when you turn it on the gauge says maintanance required. How can I clear that out now that its done? Hope its not something a dealer has to do. Oh and im doing the water pumps this week also.

Inducted

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 2006 F115 4 stroke: Clearing the maintanace display

Turn the key to the on position.........# 1. Press and hold the MODE button for 4 secs. (sometimes you have to repeat a couple of times) to activate the custom mode.# 2. Press the SET button to switch in the custom mode (sometimes it goes right to the Maintainence setting) Find the maintainence setting . If you are in the right place it will say maintainence with the hours flashing. #3 Press both SET and MODE at the same time for one sec. this should set the hours to 0. Good luck!!! There is a manual and your yamaha dealer should be able to get you one.

h2oboy83

Seaman Apprentice

So the only way to clear it is to clear the hours? Was kinda wanting to keep the total on there.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

I believe it is only the maintenance hour clock not the over all hours that reset, but read the manual to be sure.