2005 Mustang GT

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: 2005 Mustang GT

It is totally kewl! I bet it sets sales records for the Mustang name. Might be time to trade in my '65 Convertable! (not) :D

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I test drove the V6 2 weekends ago (they didn't have a V8 in yet). <br /><br />I'm a HUGE mustang fan and I've been waiting for this car for a LONG time.<br /><br />I was really turned off by it after I drove it though.<br /><br />Everything inside is plastic..It looks really good, but when you touch it, it's disappointing...<br /><br />Not like they used to be..

TPD211

Petty Officer 1st Class

Your cruising on the turnpike/highway/local road when the 2005 Mustang pulls in behind you. You glance at your speedometer and see your 18 above the speed limit. No problem, the cops around here dont have Mustangs.<br />ALL THE SUDDEN flashing red and blue lights fill your rear view mirror.<br />WTF you think.<br />You pull over to the shoulder and await your fate.<br />The ruggedly handsome middle aged officer :D steps up to the drivers window and ask; license, registration and proof of insurance please.<br /><br />Oh to dream, wait, the Lake County Sheriffs Office is getting 2 Mustangs for their new traffic unit. <br />My department will be getting one next year. We have a Mustang as a Traffic Unit now.<br />We would be getting one this year but we bought 6 Police Service Tahoes. Sweet......

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

Hey, I just finished Defensive Driving yesterday. My tickets will be just like JB was around....POOF.<br /><br />Insurance? Is that all you worry about? You ain't collecting anytime soon so don't get your hopes up.<br /><br />P.S. SandDollar Autoplex is working up a quote for me as I type. Don't get upset yet, it's just an initial contact. :D :D

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Stupid Idiot ()*^%*(&$^&$^ freakin Chevrolet dropped the Camaro.<br /><br />What a bunch of morons.<br /><br />I am NOT a ford man at all, but this new mustang is really great looking.<br /><br />Good to see at least one car compnay can sell a ponycar.<br /><br />Ken

NOSLEEP

Commander

Ken.. Chev will be paying close attention to<br />this car. You can bet your last dollar that they<br />will be promoting a retro Camaro shortly.

ob

Admiral

I'd rather see Chevy introduce a retro SS Chevelle instead of the Camaro.A hybrid betwen the two would be interesting as well.

cajun555

Chief Petty Officer

I thought the 2005 was to look more like the 65. I like the looks of the 2005, but I'll stick with my 66. Made the way a real sports car is supposed to be. I open the hood on my 66 and you can see the engine.<br /><br />Trigger, when ford came out with the HO mustang the highway patrol used them. this was back some years. They had to quit using them, wrecking to many of them. Too much power and not enuff weight.

one more cast

Captain

I like the mustang because it is a model in it self and not just a dressed up version of a family sedan.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Dang, wish they would get me a Mustang to patrol with! I'd give up the Durango for that.<br />It wouldn't do well for prisoner transport though, and we work the county with 1 deputy. I guess I still need a 4 door with a cage.<br /><br />I had a persuit with a Ford Lightening a while back. I had a crown vic, top speed on that one was 137. That was such a fun run that I felt bad puttin the cuffs on. Only way I caught him was he accidentally turned onto a dead end in one of the towns we were blasting through.<br />I knew the guy well, and we laugh about it now. But my Durango wouldn't have a chance unless we go off pavement.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by NOSLEEP:<br /> Ken.. Chev will be paying close attention to<br />this car. You can bet your last dollar that they<br />will be promoting a retro Camaro shortly.
The very earliest a Camaro could come out is 2007, and there has been NOTHING at all from GM about a Camaro.<br /><br />There are a few new chassis by GM that can be adapted to a Camaro bodystyle, but nothing beyond rumors based on nothing.<br />Ken

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

I drove a new Mustang when they first came out back in......my early days.... :) My Dad was a pony lover to. That new pony sure brings back some fond memories. 260/three speed on the floor. It would go.

dogsdad

Lieutenant

Looks like Ford's got a winner here! That is one fine lookin' car.<br /><br />If GM decides to put another Camaro/Firebird on the showroom floor, I hope they have the good sense to style it so the engine is accessible. A retro Camaro would sell like hotcakes.<br /><br /><br />-dd-

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

Just for grins I made an inquiry at our local Ford dealer. This was the response:<br />"Afternoon Mr Shaut, and thank you for the opportunity to earn your car business. We sold out of our first delivery of 2005 Mustangs and we are currently taking orders to on 2005 Mustangs so you are guarenteed to get the car you want, with the options you want. All is required is a $1000 down payment(check not cashed) until vehicle comes in and you purchase it. We can discuss with you all the options available, now that we have seen them ourselves. You've choosen a wonderful car. Just call me and let me know when you would like to come in and discuss your order. Thank you for your time and I look forward to working with you."

LadyFish

Admiral

17.gif

NOSLEEP

Commander

Well... Its hard to get good people Mr.L<br />But the car is worth the effort. :)

LadyFish

Admiral

Originally posted by Mr.Ladyfish:<br /> Just for grins I made an inquiry at our local Ford dealer. ............You've choosen a wonderful car. Just call me and let me know when you would like to come in and discuss your order. Thank you for your time and I look forward to working with you."
Hmmmm, me thinks LadyFish will look mighty fine driving around in her new black Mustang.<br /><br />Christmas is definetly coming early this year!!! :) <br /><br />Thank Hun!!!

KennyKenCan

Commander

GM has already, technically, replaced the Camaro, and it is called...SSR :( <br /><br />I haven't heard of any plans by GM to resurect the Camaro, but...<br /><br />They do have plans on doing a retro Chevelle! :cool: <br /><br />Could be as early as 2006, and it's suppose to resemble the '69 SS! It's suppose to have a 500 c.i. V-8 with over 600 HP, but I doubt they will build that many ponies into it! :confused: <br /><br />Saw an artist's rendering of it in Car & Track a few months back. Also saw something about it in Racer. What a cool car it will be.<br /><br />GM had best get off their butts and get to work if they want a piece of this, as this retro market may not last long. Or maybe it will?