2005 175HP VINDICATOR

FreeBeeTony

Captain
Too bad......saw a pair for $5K w/ Rigging. They're grey.....some kind of military edition?

FreeBeeTony

Captain
Anyone familiar with this Military edition?
Also have read that the issues may have been solved by 2005?

racerone

Supreme Mariner
If it is the military version it is the same motor as what you are struggling with.---A 60 degree carbureted looper.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Is it labelled an EVINRUDE or JOHNSON-----Post as much info as you can.-----Incomplete info just leads to confusion and misinformation.-----The info I see listed for a 2005 military model shows it as a Johnson carbureted 60 degree looper.-------What is your information if any , telling you what it is ????

racerone

Supreme Mariner
The E makes it an Evinrude.-----The F makes it a direct injected computer controlled motor.------You would need BRP / Evinrude dealer support at $100 + / hour for service work.----Might not be easy to find a shop to work on it.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Best to call your local BRP / Evinrude shop for an opinion.----Also look into availability and price of some parts too !!

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Why do you say ----" not E-TEC " -----about these motors ?????-----Johnson marketed carbureted 175 HP modeld in 2005.----The model # posted indicates a 2005 EVINRUDE.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
There won't be any -----" Freebee " ----- service and parts available for these in the near future.----The motors you have now are elegantly easy to repair , trouble shoot and maintain !!

FreeBeeTony

Captain
Why do you say ----" not E-TEC " -----about these motors ?????-----Johnson marketed carbureted 175 HP modeld in 2005.----The model # posted indicates a 2005 EVINRUDE.
I understand it's an Evinrude not a Johnson.
Just wondering if it's considered an E-TEC, that's all.
Is an E-TEC not considered an Evinrude?

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
I understand it's an Evinrude not a Johnson.
Just wondering if it's considered an E-TEC, that's all.
Is an E-TEC not considered an Evinrude?
That serial number (F) says no…..Ficht.
E-Tec technology is (D)

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
What's your opinion on these engines?
Now that BRP (Evinrude/Johnson) is out of business either is a viable option IMHO.

Tried of burning thru $90 worth of oil with each tank of gas.
Upcoming re-power, if I don’t just sell the boat flat out and replace, is either a Yamaha or Suzuki 4 stroke

FreeBeeTony

Captain
Now that BRP (Evinrude/Johnson) is out of business either is a viable option IMHO.

Tried of burning thru $90 worth of oil with each tank of gas.
Upcoming re-power, if I don’t just sell the boat flat out and replace, is either a Yamaha or Suzuki 4 stroke
I assume you NEITHER is a viable option........

tphoyt

Ensign
Personally I would stay far away from a ficht. Some people have had good luck with them but most have not. Parts are hard to find and you will likely need parts on a regular basis. It was just a crappy technology.