2004 Hydra Sport 180CC opinions

ProjectPat

Cadet
I'm interested in purchasing a Hydra Sport 180cc from someone who's asking $9000.00. The boat is in really great shape and has an Envirude 115 etec 2 stroke. Not sure of the hours yet as I'm going to check it out and test drive in a few days. If anyone is familiar with this model boat and motor setup I'd like to hear your opinion. I fish the the great lakes (Erie & Ontario) and currently have a 1988 16' Sylvan Pro fisherman that I can't take out if it's too choppy (I don't go out unless waves are forecast 1' or less) without getting slammed around. I'm wondering how much more comfortable the Hydra Sport is in these conditions and also comfortability fishing wise without swivel pedestal seats like I'm used to. Any opinions would be great. Thanks

Attachments

• 123_1.jpg
    123_1.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 123_1.jpg
    123_1.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 3

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
I'm wondering how much more comfortable the Hydra Sport is in these conditions and also comfortability fishing wise without swivel pedestal
You will see a pretty significant increase in comfort from the increased weight but don’t expect miracles. An 18’ boat is still pretty small in big water.

It wasn’t until I jumped up to 22-6” and almost doubling the weight of the 19’ I/O did I see a significant increase in comfort.

Don’t know what to tell you seat wise. Never owned a boat with seats you could fish from. Always stand or sit on the gunwale.