2004 Evinrude 175 questions

Redrig

Master Chief Petty Officer
Hello all , I am looking at a new to me boat and it's has an 04 Evinrude 175 on it .

My questions are - service wise are these engines still supported ? Can you still get parts \ programming , or is all of the support these days for etecs?

Also I know that with some outboards if you can get the serial number you can look up alot of info on that exact engine . Hours , hours at certain rpm , service ,etc. Would an 04 have this ?
​​​​

Any other general info would be helpful for this year. right now it does have injector issues which I will have to get corrected.
​​​​​​​
​​​​​Sorry for the rookie questions , just always had an I/o . Thanks

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Go on some outboard sites and see what is avail. I have no issue getting parts for my '98 Johnny.

There is no issue getting normal replacement parts (fuel system, ign system) parts for my '93 Merc. The internet is real good at helping us find parts for stuff. Even unusual stuff.

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
The Ficht motors have almost no factory support and limited aftermarket. If I was in the market for a boat that would be a hard pass for me. Unless the price was cheap enough and the motor ran well. Then I would run it into the dirt and re power later.

Redrig

Master Chief Petty Officer
Thanks for the responses guys , that certiainly helps .

Its just odd , the owners says that he cant get new injectors for it , becuase they cant be reprogrammed so the engine keeps fouling plugs and he just changes them every couple of trips.

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
Thanks for the responses guys , that certiainly helps .

Its just odd , the owners says that he cant get new injectors for it , becuase they cant be reprogrammed so the engine keeps fouling plugs and he just changes them every couple of trips.

Not odd at all. The Ficht is an obsolete motor. The injectors need to be programmed into the emm so find somebody that has the software. There are aftermarket sources for servicing the EMMs and maybe injectors. Once BRP bought the old OMC they decided to not support the ficht motors.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
May have other problems if fouling plugs...cooling problem,oil pump problem,wrong plugs,etc