2003 Mariah SX21

dlharlow

Recruit
Does anyone have any information, opinions, etc. regarding a 2003 Mariah SX21?

I have located one and am interested in looking at it for purchase, but I do not know a great deal about the Mariah boat. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dudders

Cadet
Re: 2003 Mariah SX21

Gidday mate, I recently bought an SX18 (in Australia), it is great. It gets on to plane fast with the 4.3ltr V6 and the 4 blade Vensura prop. The finish is as good as many of the more expensive boats out there. We use ours in salt water only and it gets a bit rough on the bay, but we always stay dry due to the hull design, the wife appreciates that, let me tell you!
I had some issues with the wiring for the Navigation lights but finally got that sorted, it wasn't a big deal. It could do with pop out carpets for easy cleaning, my job so I cant ***** about it too much. Watch for air bubbles on the lower hull and stress fractures on the upper hull though, I had a couple appear and the dealer repaired them under warranty. The top to my glove box fell off as it was only secured with crappy rivets, I replaced them with stainless nuts and bolts so all good now. It could do with a larger area for the esky (beer cooler I think you guys call em). But we just got a material type one and fits fine. It is a little tricky checking the oil, water, etc on the motor due to the rear seats not raising too far, I repositioned the retainers on the side of the engine bay for the lifting arms and that gave me a few more inches and made life a lot easier.
We use ours for all sorts of things and handles every thing we throw at it.
The boat rides really well and quiet. Overall it would be a good buy if the price was right.
Happy boating.
Tony

180shabah

Rear Admiral
Re: 2003 Mariah SX21

D.... regarding a 2003 Mariah SX21?

.....I do not know a great deal about the Mariah boat. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nobody knows how it will hold up yet. They haven't been out there long enough to compare quality with the original Mariahs.