2003 evinrude 150 hp. Good? Bad?

jimmyebay

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Looking at buying a 2003 evinrude 150 hp. Said has the fitch system?! Maybe spelt that wrong? What is it? Said approx 1,000 hours on it. Any life left to motor? That a lot? Wanting 2500 dollars. Worth the money? Thanks lots!

boobie

Supreme Mariner
I'd stay away from it. JMO. But I'm sure you'll get other views on this.

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner
The Bombardier 60-degree fichts made after model year 1999 were much improved engines from a reliability standpoint. If it's got 1000 hours on it, that says something. About 83 run hours per year-a lot of hours for an engine that runs seasonally up north where I live. Is this a southern (saltwater) engine? On the other hand, at 1000 hours, it is getting pretty long in the tooth and at some time in the future it may need a major overhaul. Not a lot of folks still work on these fichts. Some parts may be getting hard to find. (the fuel injectors are no longer available) Bombardier restricts other proprietary fuel injection parts to their "full-line" dealers-only. The factory does not repair the computer anymore. You can see where this is going... Adjust your price accordingly.

jimmyebay

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thanks lots guys! Going to stay away from this one. Don't need a headache or money pit.