2001 Yamaha 130 carbs

DC20

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thread starter
Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
361
This is a 2 stroke carb motor, I just pulled the carbs to clean, I can't get the large plugs out that are on top of the carbs (4). Do I need to get these out for a good cleaning? Can someone tell me what the specs are to set the floats? Air screws were out 1 and 1/4.
I just purchased the boat, it would not run below 1500 rpm but revs well so I thought I would start by rebuilding the carbs and replacing the fuel pump.
 

slow530

Cadet
Joined
Aug 15, 2005
Messages
10
Re: 2001 Yamaha 130 carbs

Best way is to crack the screw when the carbs are still mounted to the manifold, especially if they have never been out before. I chased a carb problem for weeks until I cleaned out under those screws. Use the largest screwdriver you have, make sure the end is filed good and square and coax with a wrench on the screwdriver blade if really stubborn. Do not strip the slot, you will regret it.
 

DC20

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thread starter
Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
361
Re: 2001 Yamaha 130 carbs

Well I made my own tool out of an old drill bit so it fit the whole screw head (about 3/4 of an inch wide). Put the carb between my feet and with the bit in the drill I put all my weight over it and it still would not budge. I hope there is no gunk in there because it looks like it will have to go back together the way it is. I did soak the carb for 2 days, then used a can of carb cleaner in it, and then blew it out with compressed air.
 

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Sep 1, 2003
Messages
20,066
Re: 2001 Yamaha 130 carbs

all it is is a transfer pssage, usually there is no fuel in it while its sitting, unless the carbs had water or were submerged I dont usually remove them as I see to many cracked castings while trying to remove them. a hand impact driver works well.
 

DC20

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thread starter
Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
361
Re: 2001 Yamaha 130 carbs

I ordered a manuel on line last week and am still waiting for it. Could someone please tell me what the specs are for the floats so I can put this all back together this weekend? It is a 130TXRZ
Thank you for all the advice so far.
 
Top