2001 Smoker craft lodge series ss

marbles67

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Aug 6, 2012
Messages
16
Hey there we just bought the boat, and well it rained really good here in bc.
I noticed after the rain some water dripping under the boat,long story short
I noticed a few rivets leaking, is there anything in can do to repair the problem?
 

Georgesalmon

Lieutenant Commander
Joined
Apr 14, 2012
Messages
1,793
Re: 2001 Smoker craft lodge series ss

The best way is to get to both sides and if they are not sheared would be to get a rivet gun and a steel block and hit them to tighten them up again. That may be difficult to do. Others have had success by drilling them out and using blind closed end rivets. I don't care for that but its a personal thing.
 

marbles67

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Aug 6, 2012
Messages
16
Re: 2001 Smoker craft lodge series ss

The best way is to get to both sides and if they are not sheared would be to get a rivet gun and a steel block and hit them to tighten them up again. That may be difficult to do. Others have had success by drilling them out and using blind closed end rivets. I don't care for that but its a personal thing.
OK thanks for that,i will wait until spring,mine has a full floor that would neednto come out first
 
Top