2001 Cabrio 290 Winlass Solenoid Location

Dlake64

Recruit
My windlass has stopped working, I have power to both sides of the breaker, and both sides of the switch. I don’t not have power at the windlass. I assume I have a bad solenoid however I cannot find it. Does anyone know where their they located the solenoid.

Nheels

Petty Officer 2nd Class
My windlass has stopped working, I have power to both sides of the breaker, and both sides of the switch. I don’t not have power at the windlass. I assume I have a bad solenoid however I cannot find it. Does anyone know where their they located the solenoid.
Hey, I have an 08 Larson Cabrio 330 and the windlass is a Maxwell.

My solonoid is mounted on the firewall in the engine compartment. If you have a fuse for it, you can trace the wires from there.

Dlake64

Recruit
Thank you for your reply unfortunately I have not been able to locate it in the engine compartment. I’ve traced the wires from the windlass back through the cabin and it appears to run along the starboard side but I loose the trace at the helm.

Nheels

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thank you for your reply unfortunately I have not been able to locate it in the engine compartment. I’ve traced the wires from the windlass back through the cabin and it appears to run along the starboard side but I loose the trace at the helm.
Have you googled the windlass make and model for an installation manual? It may give an indication perhaps.

Dlake64

Recruit
I have the manual it’s a Lewmar sport 550. It’s no help only that there is a solenoid

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
The solenoid is mounted by the person/company that rigged the boat. It could be anywhere. Mine is in the cabin