2000 Volvo Penta 5.7 Gfi with no spark

jackra_1

Seaman Apprentice
So in testing the 50 amp breaker I discovered that sometimes it worked and mostly did not. Was open most of the time by the look of it.
So have another on order. Probably will not solve my issue but does explain why some wires were hot and then not.

dubs283

Vice Admiral
You can bypass the breaker with a bolt and nut joining the leads for testing purposes. Just be sure to cover the connection with tape

Based on info and pics provided by you I'd say it's a big part of your problem but possibly not the only issue

jackra_1

Seaman Apprentice
What I am hoping is that my diagnostic software will now work. Pouring with rain today so will have to wait.

jackra_1

Seaman Apprentice
No luck at all. After connecting those wires the engine now turns over but no initial TBI spray.
Connecting the diagnostic software will not connect even tho it has the correct port as I discovered how to do that.
So back to my plan to try and sell at a big discount and if that fails I will junk the boat once I have stripped it down.
I have spent way too much time on this lost cause.

jackra_1

Seaman Apprentice
No luck at all. After connecting those wires the engine now turns over but no initial TBI spray.
Connecting the diagnostic software will not connect even tho it has the correct port as I discovered how to do that.
So back to my plan to try and sell at a big discount and if that fails I will junk the boat once I have stripped it down.
I have spent way too much time on this lost cause.
Just on the off chance I drove to a used boat yard nearby. Had a really good conversation with owner and her mechanic. They are not like several boat yards near me where they thumb their collective noses at you if you do not have $100K to drop on a new boat!
Upshot is that in two weeks I will take the boat to them and see what they will offer either in a trade or outright sale.