2000 Sylvan 1600 Expedition DC

utfyrfytr

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a 2000 Sylvan 1600 Expedition DC that I purchased last fall and I want to upgrade the fish finder but I can't figure out how to run the cables from the finder to the transom. The old cables disappear into the gunnels and I can't figure out how to access that area. There are enclosed side storage bins and seems to be space above them but I haven't been able to figure out an access. I have removed some screws along the top of the gunnel but that doesn't seem to work either. I feel dumb asking this but if anyone knows it will sure make my job easier. Any help is much appreciated.

jlh3rd

Chief Petty Officer
you could try attaching the new cable to the old one then pull the old one out ..pulling the new one through with it....hopefully the old cable isn't attached in inaccessible places...

airshot

Rear Admiral
Or...attach a heavy string/ cord and pull the old cord out, while pulling the cord in and thru. The attach new cable to cord and pull thru. This might lessen any damage to the new cable if you find a tough spot. Otherwise....take more panels apart...

utfyrfytr

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks guys, I haven't had the time to look at it today but I'll give that a try tomorrow.