2000 Suzuki dt140 trim motor

hopalong

Petty Officer 2nd Class
How to manually raise motor that wont trim up (not trying to remove motor off transom). Exterior trim rocker switch on motor will only work on "down position". Checked the exterior rocker switch in "up" and "down" mode and both trim relays/wiring and all check in good in power up and power down except trim motor only runs in the "trim down" mode. I see the thick blue motor lead wire is up and the thick green wire lead is down to the trim electric motor.
So what I need to do is manually raise the motor up so I can get at the trim motor lead connections. I open the slotted manual screw to open but can not "raise the motor" at all. Also I have a stand off jack mount that bolts to transom that gives me plentt of room to get at trim motor once motor is raised or trim up. Thanks

hopalong

Petty Officer 2nd Class
How to manually raise motor that wont trim up (not trying to remove motor off transom). Exterior trim rocker switch on motor will only work on "down position". Checked the exterior rocker switch in "up" and "down" mode and both trim relays/wiring and all check in good in power up and power down except trim motor only runs in the "trim down" mode. I see the thick blue motor lead wire is up and the thick green wire lead is down to the trim electric motor.
So what I need to do is manually raise the motor up so I can get at the trim motor lead connections. I open the slotted manual screw to open but can not "raise the motor" at all. Also I have a stand off jack mount that bolts to transom that gives me plenty of room to get at trim motor once motor is raised or trim up. Thanks
Well update. While the OB was in the full down position I applied 12 volts separately to each electric trim motor wires (removed them from the relays) and the green drives the motor as well as the blue but neither raises or lowers the motor. The motor continues to run non stop but not pumping evidently. But I was able to raise the motor though by turning the slotted screw ccw about two turns and lift the motor up fully held in place by a lift. I will close the screw slot cw and open the reservoir fill port and see if there's enough Dextron like fluid at lower thread opening and report. There no evidence of any fluid around the area of the trim motor/actuators

stresspoint

Lieutenant Junior Grade
if the motor is running in both directions then the system is more than likely just low on oil., you may get lucky.
if there is plenty of oil a stuck valve or broken seal could be the problem.( i used to send trim units out to have them professionally looked at and repaired , for the cost it was worth it not to get the thing back on the boat and find it still does not work as it should.

if you do need to remove the trim unit to take it apart yourself ,word of advise from experience "loosen the gland on the trim cylinder before taken it off the motor", PIA in a vice to get that thing undone.
have fun getting the trim unit out with the motor on the boat , it can be done i believe ??? , however off the transom was generally my plan of attack on that job.