2000 Kawasaki NO spark

lasso

Seaman Apprentice
I just acquired a 2000 Kawasaki STX 1100, direct injection, I think I got all that right. It has no spark at the spark plugs. Ran a comp test, both cylinders have 150, and will hold. Was told the onboard computer had been tested and it was good. Supposedly there is a program, where I can hook up my laptop to it and diagnose. If anybody has any ideas or suggestions, I'm all ears. This bike looks to good to scrap out.

Thanks,
Todd

shagy959

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 2000 Kawasaki NO spark

if all three cylinders dont have spark id look at the stator may be shot or a wire to the coils may be off

lasso

Seaman Apprentice

Been researching this problem with this ski. From what I've seen so far, its leading to the stator first. Gonna pick it up this weekend, will start testing everything then. I've been told that pretty much everything, with the exception of the on-board computer can be tested with a digital volt meter.

lasso

Seaman Apprentice

Got the ski home hooked everything back up right. It ran, but, at times it wouldnt. Found that if we moved the stator wires or held at certain positions it would run for a bit. Looks like I'm in the market for another stator, any ideas. Used versus new??