FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 2000 Johnson 50 2 stroke. The lower cylinder is not firing. I had the impeller replaced last year and the motor does this when it is cold. Any ideas as to what it could be. It starts fine and runs on the one cylinder.
Start off by checking the compression and spark, if all is ok, try squirting some fuel mixture in the lower carb. If it picks up with the fuel, it is a carb problem.
It's not getting any spark. I've also checked the wire and the plug by moving them to the upper cylinder. They are both fine. I'm not getting any spark at all in the lower.
Do you have a OEM manual for your engine? You will need one to check out the ign system on your engine, there are several componets that need to be checked.