2000 90hp tlry carby lower unit help

199675hpforce

Petty Officer 1st Class
Put everything new back on top including housings and seals . Unit still leaks doing pressure test. How do seals go in facing up towards motor area, I know but do you seat them in bore of housing? Old unit had seals facing closer to top but were installed wrong coils facing out visible. The seals housing for driveshaft looks like someone pryed to pop it out and left gouge inside where housing fits. There is small hole which I think is to release pressure in gearcase through housing towards water pump, this gouge is right in line with that. If the new round rubber gasket on new housing isnt perfect or loose I could see how it would leak. My idea is to pull it back appart run air in there to see if it's comming out this spot. My fix could be rtv this whole sucker seal it up but there would be not place for pressure to release now. Ive also have some aluminum fix stuff that could go in gouge and maybe fix leak. Once I get new impeller off argg I will pressure test and see if I can find spot it leaks.