FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Posted this question earlier, wanted to let everyone know the problem. The dealer said it was the main engine connection (big black plug)was not making a good connection on all the pins, hopefully it's fixed now. The strippers are waiting!!!!!
I had that same problem about 3 months ago, the pins shorted/arced and burnt inside the harness plug. We ended up eliminating the wiring plug and wired direct. Mercury wanted about $350 for the harnesses. Took less than 2 hours to make the repair. I guess I will worry about the wires if and when I should ever have to pull the engine.