200 2.4L powerhead swap

RGKSTV

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 9, 2018
Messages
4
Hello I am swapping a 1980 mariner 200 powerhead with a blown 1986 mercury powerhead, my question is: the 1980 Mariner that i am going to use had a flywheel with small teeth on it, I was going to use the starter from the 1986 mercury. but the flywheel on the mercury had larger teeth as well as the starter, can I just switch the flywheel from the merc and put it on the mariner or will that screw up the stator?

Thanks

Mariner SN: 5802197
Mercury SN: A943462
 
Last edited:

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
15,938
Need to swap stator,starter and flywheel...Don't expect the same performance from the 80 model...
 

RGKSTV

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 9, 2018
Messages
4
Thanks! better to do it now then later.. nothing is ever easy hah
 
Top