2 Boats --- Unsure of Make or Model --- But Cool looking...

InMotion

Commander
Ok... came across these at a junk yard --- but for sale. Anyone hesitate a guess at the make/model? The silver one is my preference!

Love the dash!
4.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

Bit of a hole that was patched at some time...
5.jpg

7.jpg

More in next post...

Whatchuguys think??????? :)

InMotion

Commander
Re: 2 Boats --- Unsure of Make or Model --- But Cool looking...

IMG]http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa448/inmotion2/6.jpg[/IMG]

2.jpg

Cool looking splashwell...

8.jpg

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

I think the silver one may be a dura craft? Soo many of those early 50s boats look alike...they are all bad azz

HarryO60

Cadet

I believe the blue one is a grumman late 50's early 60's vintage

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Whatchuguys think??????? :)

I think your have a terrible, horrible, incurable problem.

Though, collecting alum boats is way healthier than say collecting women. Or cats. Or empty whiskey bottles.

Way more fun too:D

InMotion

Commander

I think your have a terrible, horrible, incurable problem.

Though, collecting alum boats is way healthier than say collecting women. Or cats. Or empty whiskey bottles.

Way more fun too:D

I know... but that's the first step in the 200 step Aluminum Anonymous program.... and yah... I totally agree... its way healthier than uder tings!!!

IM

64osby

Admiral

The lines on the silver one make me think of 73chieftain's AeroCraft, without the barrel back.

Nice looking boat. When you picking it up???

dozerII

Admiral

Great looking old boat Jim, you keep looking at and buying these old girls you are gonna have to geta bigger place to live and work on them,lol

InMotion

Commander

Unfortunately :) I have one build right now and will have another for this winter/spring... so that's about my limit for the year. However, some of the interior design elements of these two boats are going to make it into the boat I am working on and the other one I hope to start shortly! If they were closer, at least one would be in my driveway already!

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant

That silver one does have several features very similar to my Aero craft, but that's a very different stringer pattern. Any idea if they are still for sale.... New market is not tooooooo far.... :):)

InMotion

Commander

That silver one does have several features very similar to my Aero craft, but that's a very different stringer pattern. Any idea if they are still for sale.... New market is not tooooooo far.... :):)

They might be... they were actually closer to you... they were in the Niagara Falls area if I recall. Try kijiji and see if they are still there... cool looking boats... but alas, the Admiral felt that 2 in dry dock was enough for the fall/winter/spring! :)

J.

Grandad

Lieutenant Commander

The silver one looks like a real good shallow water boat with that dead flat bottom, but I'm not sure it would corner very well if you put too much steam into a turn. It would slide and then catch a wave and want to roll. - Grandad

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant

InMotion, I didn't see them on kijiji but it doesn't go back that far. You would happen to recall the name of the place would you? I think I'm a sucker for 50's tin boats :)

InMotion

Commander

InMotion, I didn't see them on kijiji but it doesn't go back that far. You would happen to recall the name of the place would you? I think I'm a sucker for 50's tin boats :)

Man... I wish I did! All I remember is that it was a wreckers ---- and now that I think about it some more, it was in St. Catherines --- which is just out side of Niagara on the lake.

Hope that helps a bit... sorry man!

J.

InMotion

Commander

jbcurt00

Staff member

A bit of sleuthing paid off: 1960 Vintage Vagabond Feathercra - Ontario Parts, Trailers, Accessories For Sale - Kijiji Ontario Canada. He still has all three but no pics of the third boat- all supposedly are 18' long. If anyone else wants further info, I'm probably going to go take a look soon.... my MBS is kicking in again!:D

Well, the guys over on the feathercraft forum might go nutty for an 18' FC Vagabond.......
Feathercraftbb002.jpg

but I suspect its a 16'. I like it, if you could come up w/ period trailers & paperwork, it might make for saleable goods. Sell 2 for more then you have in all 3. As a bundled group, he'd probably sell them for less then the $250-300 listed in his ad....

nice work running them down... slow day at work? :lol:

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant

Yeah, I highly doubt its a Feathercraft let alone a Vegabon.... no barreling at all! I'm not really sure what it is, it doesn't look like a SC/Lonestar/Texas maid/ Arkansas traveller/ mirro craft that's pictured on fiberglassics. The Admiral is kinda dubious about driving to another country for a boat, but what was priceless was she said "is it a Starcraft? Why not just buy a bigger Starcraft instead?" :):):):)

jbcurt00

Staff member

Yeah, I highly doubt its a Feathercraft let alone a Vegabon.... no barreling at all! I'm not really sure what it is, it doesn't look like a SC/Lonestar/Texas maid/ Arkansas traveller/ mirro craft that's pictured on fiberglassics.
I think it may be a FC, it has the right look to the bow, the double riveted hull seam that comes up to the bow, the curve of the gunwale/transom cap & the short fin-like splash rail at the stern. Of course the hack job add-on height at the transom & the exterior transom plywood warrant some thought before checking to make sure your passports are up to date. Are un-titled/registered boats (I'm guessing a scrap yard won't have titles) a problem to drag across the border?

The Admiral is kinda dubious about driving to another country for a boat, but what was priceless was she said "is it a Starcraft? Why not just buy a bigger Starcraft instead?"
Wait... What??? :confused: Was that right there ^^^ tacit approval for a larger SC purchase???? :hail: :clap2:

Does she have a sister? :faint2:

Not many that like minded Admirals left in the fleet :laugh: