FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Experiencing pinging above 3800 RPM...Manual suggest timing be 8 BTDC and to use 93 OCT. I use 89 as it is more common. What should my timing be using 89 OCT?
Experiencing pinging above 3800 RPM...Manual suggest timing be 8 BTDC and to use 93 OCT. I use 89 as it is more common. What should my timing be using 89 OCT?
I did inspect the fuel filter - had brown color particles at the bottom. I discovered that the timing was set at 10 BTDC and set to spec 8 BTDC. Also added Lucas octange booster. Boat ran excellent - no ping through the entire throttle range!