1998 Regal 1700 LSR Advice

evanboothe

Cadet
The boats not going to just fall apart
Make sure the bilge pump is in good working order, and if it doesn't keep turning on every so often you can more then likely just keep going
My luck it would fall apart 😂 so I bought the boat yesterday night, and listen to this. I’m 15 minutes into a hour drive home! I’m excited, the seller ensures me it’s ready to go he just hauled the boat a few weeks ago. I’m on the highway going 70mph, I look behind me and see sparks flying everywhere I immediately think I lost the boat. I start to slow down and look to my right. The right side trailer wheel and tire goes rolling side me past the truck into the median. The boat was luckily okay, the hub and wheel came off the right side of the trailer due to bearing failure. Never in my life expected that to happen. Had to have the boat and trailer hauled 45 minutes to my shop cost me 459 dollars

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I would be going thru the whole rig and do all the maintenance the prior owner didn't do.....like oil change, impeller change, bellows, alignment, and trailer bearings

alldodge

Staff member
My luck it would fall apart 😂 so I bought the boat yesterday night, and listen to this. I’m 15 minutes into a hour drive home! I’m excited, the seller ensures me it’s ready to go he just hauled the boat a few weeks ago. I’m on the highway going 70mph, I look behind me and see sparks flying everywhere I immediately think I lost the boat. I start to slow down and look to my right. The right side trailer wheel and tire goes rolling side me past the truck into the median. The boat was luckily okay, the hub and wheel came off the right side of the trailer due to bearing failure. Never in my life expected that to happen. Had to have the boat and trailer hauled 45 minutes to my shop cost me 459 dollars
Bummer
If I would have known you had not hauled it home yet that would be close to me first response. Folks just don't think about the bearings on a boat trailer until something happens. Car trailer would be good for thousands of miles, boat trailer might not be good for 100 if water got into the bearings

evanboothe

Cadet
Bummer
If I would have known you had not hauled it home yet that would be close to me first response. Folks just don't think about the bearings on a boat trailer until something happens. Car trailer would be good for thousands of miles, boat trailer might not be good for 100 if water got into the bearings
Bring a mechanic I should have checked better

evanboothe

Cadet
I would be going thru the whole rig and do all the maintenance the prior owner didn't do.....like oil change, impeller change, bellows, alignment, and trailer bearings
That’s my plan, I need to learn more about this jet engine,. Having issues finding a service manual for the 175 hp mercury sportjet