1997 240br need some help

AJSVFORCE

Seaman Apprentice
I just bought my first Crownline!:D Got a great deal,on a 97 240br with only 260Hrs.:cool: Now i have a huge problem,theres no info on this boat! If you try to buy anything for it,its just not listed! I need to buy a new cover,and i cant find one made for my boat,i even looked on this site,and guess what,its not listed at all. :eek:
When i turn the key on without starting the motor,the buzzer under the dash starts screaming,once you start the motor it stops,any ideas. Wish i could find some info,any help would be awesome.
Thanks,
Andy

Shaggy350

Recruit
Re: 1997 240br need some help

I have a 96 225CCR that does the same thing. The guy said it was normal but I want to make sure. I also have an alarm that goes off if I gun it out of the hole to quick. As soon as I let out of it a little bit the alarm quits? I also have a freshwater system that I fill up in the back that has a hose beside it and it is not working as well. Is there a switch I have to turn on for this?

Sodakrep

Cadet
Re: 1997 240br need some help

chances are that is your oil pressure alarm going off. It is reading that there is not any pressure until you start the motor hence why it shuts off once it starts.