FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Re: 1997 115 horsepower , how much does it weigh ?
I think they're right at 300lbs. check nada. They're probably good enough. I don't know if they still used the 2+2 setup on that year but alot of people didn't like it. If you don't troll fish it shouldn't be a problem. I think they were overshadowed by omc and yamaha v4's.
I have an earlier 3 cylinder 90hp version of that motor that I just rebuilt but that was due to a poor rebuild and a bad piston and locator pin. The only bad thing I read about these motors was the sleeves moving but I think that was limited to the 3 cylinder versions.