1996 Tigershark oil leak

dsinger

Chief Petty Officer
1996 770 Tigershark. It is leaking oil while it is just setting. I was taken in and they said they fixed it but nope. Is there a common place these things leak oil while they are just setting. I have looked but cannot tell where it is coming from. Thanks

Rob454

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1996 Tigershark oil leak

leaking oil where? inside the engine or just inside the bilge area? Sometimes the oil tanks crack on the bottom
Rob

dsinger

Chief Petty Officer

Ya it is leaking in the engine compartment. How hard is it to find an oil tank and about how much do they run. I seems like once it starts to leak is it is everywhere. Noticed several lines that could be the cause. I notice two what look like inline filter wire tied up but only have hoses on one end of each filter looking things. If the tank is leaking what can I patch it with.

waterho

Recruit

Hello, I have had the same problem. Even took the oil tank out and found no cracks or leaks. I then cleaned the entire bilge area completely and ran the ski for 30 minutes on open water and found traces oil on top of the fuel tank. Discovered that there is a small filter which allows pressure to be released from the oil tank above the fuel tank (may be located somerwhere else on yours). I found that overfilling and/or rough water may cause oil to evacuate from that filter. Not a problem really, just makes a mess.