1996 Crownline 250CR Trailer Needed

Can anyone guide me to information that will show me what is required of a trailer to tow this boat? The boat is in the water so its not so easy to determine the required length, spacing of the trailer bed pads and/or angles for the pads. If anyone has this boat with a trailer can you please post some photos, dimensions etc of your trailer set up so I can find/build a suitable trailer to use or modify.

Thanks,

Joe

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 1996 Crownline 250CR Trailer Needed

Can anyone guide me to information that will show me what is required of a trailer to tow this boat? The boat is in the water so its not so easy to determine the required length, spacing of the trailer bed pads and/or angles for the pads. If anyone has this boat with a trailer can you please post some photos, dimensions etc of your trailer set up so I can find/build a suitable trailer to use or modify.

Thanks,

Joe

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard Joe,.... The most important thing is the Weight of the load,....

Obviously, 25' is the length,...

As for bunks, 'n whatnots, all that is pretty Adjustable,...

That is true they are adjustable but width/length of the bunks is useful information for the first attempt of loading the boat.

Joe

Bondo

Staff member

That is true they are adjustable but width/length of the bunks is useful information for the first attempt of loading the boat.

Joe

Ayuh,.... In my personal experience, a bunk wagon set up for a like length/ weight hull is close enough to load 'bout Any hull of the like length, 'n weight,....

You can jack the hull off the bunk to adjust it, if necessary,... as unlikely as it is,...

A wagon set up to haul a hull of 25', at whatever weight Yer's is, will load yer hull,...

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

the overall length of the trailer needs to be at minimum the length from the transom to forward most point plus 10%

IE a 25' boat with a bow pulpit might be 27' long (don't include an add on swim platform)
27' plus 10% = a trailer no shorter than 29.7 feet.

as for weight I'm gonna guess the boat at 5k dry plus at least 1k for fuel, batts, and fluids... another 500 lbs for random gear water in the tank etc. and 1.5k for the trailer.... Total 8k lbs... that puts you on the hunt for a 10 k trailer if you want to be able to haul it loaded up with fuel and water and a 7k if you will be draining all water and never hauling it with more than about 1.8 tank of fuel.