1995 Mercury 150 Won't start or Trim

mtstringer

Cadet
Hello all,
I have a 1995 Merc 150. Today I took the cover off for the first time this spring and started it in the yard. It started first crank. After that I wouldn't even turn over and there is no response from the trim. When I bought the boat the guy had the same problem but replace some fuse on the engine I think right side and fixed it. I should of asked him where. So if anyone can give me an idea that would be good. But the ultimate problem is what is popping that fuse? Any Ideas?

Thanks
Mark

mtstringer

Cadet
Re: 1995 Mercury 150 Won't start or Trim

Update 4/25/07:
This morning went out to motor and found fuse between 2 red wires on right side top. Fuse looked to be fine, I think it is a 20a. I then hit the trim switch on the motor up and a solenoid clicked, then down and again a solenoid clicked, but after twice no more clicking. Checked fuse again, still looks good. SOME PLEASE HELP!!!:) Thanks again Mark

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

have you charged the battery? take apart battery and engine end of both battery cables, and clean the connections. if this doesn't work that the battery to the auto parts store and they will load test it for free. also check the cables for any cracks, or nicks, or swelling. is nicked, they tend to corrode from the inside out.

studlymandingo

Commander

Sounds like you may have a loose or corroded connection somewhere.​