1995 Johnson 40 HP J40TLEOD control box tilt and trim

Shinyboat

Cadet
It plugs into a wire that goes to the motor wiring.----Should be easy to figure out if read all the posts in this thread.-----You must be kidding if you are willing to buy new parts for that kind of money.
I am adding this system and sourcing parts so I don’t have any open plugs to at the control box or the engine that I can find. It’s hard to follow where the connection points are and what they are in the thread because everyone else has a frame of reference since they have a system to start with.

-Am I supposed to splice into the fat cable with multiple wires from the controller or is there supposed to be a separate dedicated cable for tilt trim from the remote switch to the engine?
-At the engine is this supposed to plug in to a connector or does it wire to a terminal such that I could use any form of connector just so that I can undo the wires to the engine easily?

racerone

Supreme Mariner
There is a separate cable that goes to the trim / tilt relays.----You do have those relays I hope.

Shinyboat

Cadet
There is a separate cable that goes to the trim / tilt relays.----You do have those relays I hope.
The relays / harness are supposed to come with a tilt trim unit next week.

Is there a special connector to wire into the harness? Hoping to get everything on order so that I can install in one shot and use next weekend!