1994 Vanguard LeBaron 19'

gear1975

Cadet
Hi guys,

I just picked up a 1994 19' Vanguard LeBaron, with a 195 HP, 4.3 LX Mercruiser V6.

It's my first boat, and I'm pretty excited. It fit the budget and "must-have" list well, and we're looking forward to a season on the water.

Any other Vanguard owners out there with some tips, or comments or stories about this now defunkt boat company from Winnipeg? (I think.).

There's very little info on this company that I can find online.

Here's some pics if anyone's interested.

IMG_2090.jpgIMG_2089.jpgIMG_2092.jpgIMG_2088.jpgIMG_2091.jpg

gear1975

Cadet
Re: 1994 Vanguard LeBaron 19'

WOOHOO!

Finally had a chance to take it out for the maiden voyage this weekend. Even though I purchased it about a month ago, this is the first opportunity to take it out.

It was a bit chilly, so the engine sounded a little rough at first, but after a minute or so, it sounded great.

Topped out at around 44 MPH across the clam water with only 3 adults on board (according to the speedo, which I assume is working).

All in all, I'm super happy with this boat. Got a lot of compliments from folks at the lake, and overall had a great time. Can't wait until the water is a bit warmer to get some tubing/water-sports going.

The only issue we had was the trailer winch broke when we pulled it out of the water. Luckily, the boat was already on. The teeth in the gears were pretty rusty / worn, so they finally got pretty mashed-up. That whole winch will have to be replaced. Better to have trailer problems, than boat problems though.

Can't wait for next weekend!!!!