1994 sea rayder not starting (yes another one)

Syyd98

Cadet
Re: 1994 sea rayder not starting (yes another one)

Well turns out having a good battery helps. Still started kind of hard but it started all weekend and the engine ran good. At one point, I was the only one in the boat and got close to 40 mph. By far the fastest I've gone.

Well my luck didn't last long.

At one point we had 4 people in the boat for a short time. I'm not sure if that's relavent, but the next day when I took it out, it wouldn't break 15mph.

Is the impeller shot?

Syyd98

Cadet

Anyone have a PDF shop manual they could email me?

Anders67

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well turns out having a good battery helps. Still started kind of hard but it started all weekend and the engine ran good. At one point, I was the only one in the boat and got close to 40 mph. By far the fastest I've gone.

Well my luck didn't last long.

At one point we had 4 people in the boat for a short time. I'm not sure if that's relavent, but the next day when I took it out, it wouldn't break 15mph.

Is the impeller shot?

Take a flashlight and light up the intake gate, and on the impeller/wear ring. Probably you have something stuck on gate ore propeller shaft et.c..

Also check the rubber seal around the plate in bottom., and beside the pump in back of boat.

Syyd98

Cadet

Take a flashlight and light up the intake gate, and on the impeller/wear ring. Probably you have something stuck on gate ore propeller shaft et.c..

Also check the rubber seal around the plate in bottom., and beside the pump in back of boat.

Thanks for the suggestion Anders. I will do that.

Anyone with the manual?

Syyd98

Cadet

Alright guys,

So I took some pics. There seems to be a gap in the plate around the edges by the rubber seal. Could this be it?

I'll try and get the pics on here later...having trouble..