1994 Bayliner 1952CN Cuddy

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer
Hey Everyone,

Last weekend I picked up this gem. It was used in salt water and rarely trailered. I will be using it in fresh and always trailering it. It needs some things before I go out and about. The 3.0L Mercruiser appears to be in good shape, the interior needs some updating. I will plan to fix as I use this boat this summer. It has many features a 1974 boat could not offer stock.

Last summer I spent beating around in a 1974 Glastron Tri-hull bowrider with 85HP Evinrude. Had a lot a fun, got hooked on boating. This year I plan on cutting through the waves rather than bouncing off of them.

Attachments

• b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 1
  • b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 1
  • b3.jpg
    b3.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 1

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1994 Bayliner 1952CN Cuddy

nice find...looks pretty good! what do you have to do to it b4 u take it out?

JeepXJer

Cadet

very nice!

my grandparents actually live right outside of Lancaster, PA

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer

Before I can take it out.... (I'll pretend this isn't depressing lol)

- Tune up / Spring Commissioning
Spark Plugs
Impellor
Replace Battery or Terminal Connectors
Drain Plug
Lower Unit Oil Change
Trailer Safety Chains and Light Kit

I got a trim solenoid on order iboats.com said it should be here by next thursday. I'm going to take my time and do this right. Saddest part is I have very little access to tools, so Craftsmen still has 2 days of Sale left. I'm going to be picking up ther 60+ pc set tomorrow. AND THEN ITS ON!!

Total price of boat and trailer = $1250 a steal in my eyes

jkust

Rear Admiral

Great looking boat. I bet it shines right up with a little work. Post some pics when it gets cleaned up. Suprised it only has a 4 cylinder.

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer

Yeah, probably underpowered for most people but a good starting point for me. Generally when I go out it is just me and the better half... I see this as a very short term investment.. maybe 2-3 summers.

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer

Well well well...

1 of the things it needed was to run and I haven't been able to keep it running over the last few weeks of toying.

So today, I was able to get it running (needed adjustment on idle adjustment screw on the carb) and do a compression check and it is 150 on all cylinders.

I'm stoked! I can't wait to take this baby out!

alex3012red

Seaman

I have the same boat, it is a great buy and you will have all around fun, from fishing to pulling skiers, wake board and any water toy. plus it's super economic on gas, I have 235 hrs on mine picked it up with 49 hrs. Never had problems at all. I replaced the prop just last week, had a 14 1/4 x 19, put a 14 x 20p 4 blade. a lot better starts and overall speed. will do 35 w/4 adult onboard. I learned to do just about anything to the boat (maint wise) with my 39.99 tools from costco. Have fun let me know how we can help.

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer

Alright well I got it running great on the muffs. I had it out past 2 weekends and it seems to bog down anything past 2500 rpm. The throttle response is real wierd. I'm going to check all the fuel filters and see if anything is plugged. It runs fine when the throttle is less than half way. It took off on my today when I wasn't expecting it to and for a few seconds it planed out and was running nice. Then it quit. So right now a carb cleaning by a pro is not in the budget, so I'll check the simple things.

The boat itself has everything I've been looking for. I love the storage, ease of use with hydraulic tilt / trim. The seats are well positioned and fold out to be flat. The boat needs a lot of cosmetic refreshing, but so far so good.

wanttofly

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Carb rebuilds aren't that bad. Took my Capri (4 barral) to the shop, he unbolted it, removed and rebuilt it, reinstalled it for about 85 if I remember correctly. Just took it to an auto guy and he had it done in a couple of days.

LSCboater

Recruit

I have thee same boat. The throttle is alittle sticky, seems to baugh down for a second or 2 then accelerates. The swim platform assembley is weird too.
One screw and 1 bolt and nut, why not just put 2 bolts and screws.....cheap bastards. I've had mine going on 4th year, it's a good little runner for a 4 cylinder engine. The better 1/2 and I have a really good time. Windshield supports are crappy at best. I installed an angle iron bar, from the windshield
to the deck. Also installed a grab bar on port side. Get's alittle bouncey out on Lake St. Clair in michigan............Have fun with her.

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer

I have thee same boat. The throttle is alittle sticky, seems to baugh down for a second or 2 then accelerates. The swim platform assembley is weird too.
One screw and 1 bolt and nut, why not just put 2 bolts and screws.....cheap bastards. I've had mine going on 4th year, it's a good little runner for a 4 cylinder engine. The better 1/2 and I have a really good time. Windshield supports are crappy at best. I installed an angle iron bar, from the windshield
to the deck. Also installed a grab bar on port side. Get's alittle bouncey out on Lake St. Clair in michigan............Have fun with her.

I figured out the problem, the screen in the pickup tube was getting clogged with dirt from the old fuel. I drained the tank and removed the screen refilled and she ran great. About the bounciness.. yeah i expected a little smoother ride, but it was memorial day weekend when I had her out last. Everyone and their brother was on the lake last weekend.

Do you have pictures of the grab bar or angle iron bar? My portside windshield glass broke last weekend and while I'm replacing it, I would like to find an easier way to get in/out on the bow. The supports are weak.

mharrison

Recruit

hello i am new to this site. I also have the same exact bayliner. I fish every other weekend. i love it. I had a 22 ft make center console. Like always my family(everybody) wanted me to get the big boat so they can fish with me. 6 years not 1 family member onboard. So i sold it and downsize to my bayliner and i love it. Althogh i would love to fish in the winter time more once i get it serviced and winterized it sits until march. I want to add fishing rod holders, i want to add an electric anchor(this weekend), and a new chartplotter. Please if you have any suggestions and pics i would really appreciate it. email me @ ptime9@msn.com

Last edited: