1993 Johnson 60 hp tj60tletd no spark

seedtreater

Recruit
no spark at the plugs. I replaced ; 1. timer base, 2. stator, 3. power pack, 4. 3 ignition coils, 5. plugs. Flywheel appears to be OK. Engine will turn over and cough but will not start. I then check for spark at the plugs and have none. The power pack has lots of wires but I do not have any blk/yel wires, I saw this comment on another post about the blk/yel wires. I also rebuilt the carbs, cleaned gas tank, it appears I am getting fuel. Appreciate any help

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Don't throw the old parts out yet.--I think you have a lot of good spare parts now.-------Now start with some trouble shooting.-----Load test the battery.------Take starter apart for inspection and an ohm test on armature.----No money spent on those steps.

seedtreater

Recruit
Thanks for response. I have 3 new batteries that are hooked up. I will test the armature tomorrow when I get to where i have it parked.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Factory replacement parts or AMAZON specials ?---Follow these simple steps.--Remove 3 sparkplugs.----Hook up leads to a spark test device.----Set gaps at 3/8"------Separate the big red plug on wiring harness.------Pull flywheel over with a rope.----Do you see spark on the test device , yes or no ?

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
There you go seedtreater. As I said in the private message. Listen to this man. Answer every question. Do all steps In the order he suggests. Sorry I am to busy, you're in good hands.