FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Re: 1992 Force 70-loss in compression but not speed?
Thanks for the advice guys. I'm going to get reading. Any preference on repair manuals? Looks like I have a choice between Clymer, Seloc, Brunswick Marine, etc. . .
Just grabbed it, thanks. I still don't get how I can have no compression on one cylinder, but no loss in speed? Still running about 37 m.p.h. Is it possible that I bought it like this, although I though a shop I took it before I bought it told me all compression was good.(????)
Re: 1992 Force 70-loss in compression but not speed?
Well, I attached a pic as the plot thickens. Found what may be two cracks in the cylinder wall. Can't tell if they are cracks, or indentions caused by whatever was bouncing around inside. You can definitely dig your finger nail in it. What do you guys think?